Any news yet on a possible release of DJTT's TP2 Mapping?

Home :: DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQ :: Any news yet on a possible release of DJTT's TP2 Mapping?Reply
Any news yet on a possible release of DJTT's TP2 Mapping?
Posted on: 02.06.2011 by Olene Minyard
Not meaning to sound impatient or wanting to sound like them idiots who demand a mapping immediately, I'm just wondering if this is being worked on at all and whether there's any ideas of timescales at all?

Cheers people!
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by Dr Draught
"Thank you for your response. The new mapping should be available early August. Chris is still working on the final touches and bug testing it."
i like that. +1. or whatever .
Laquita Cofsky
Originally Posted by dillinger23
well mate you are ....wait for s*** pun.... IN THE LOOP more than most of us, so aren't you lucky one. An AWFUL lot of people have been posting on at least 3 threads on here asking for updates on the situation for months now.
Not really, I just bought something from the store and that involves djtt sending you a lot of emails. I took the opportunity to reply with a question about the mappings. Here is the reply:

"Thank you for your response. The new mapping should be available early August. Chris is still working on the final touches and bug testing it."
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by Daw-z
Very well put guys.

Maybe we should start a petition thread?

We all love this site and nothing originally grabbed more of us than the VCI 100. It's This community's foundation.

You can't keep selling VCI 100 SE Arcade editions in the store for $799 with an outdated overlay and no chance for future overlay designs for TP2, I'm afraid that's just wrong.
I thought there would be many of a like mind out there, @Daw-z, I believe you're right on the money, the thought had occurred and your spelling it our here confirms it. A petition thread for at least one proper TP2 overlay, and you are bang on in spelling out there would seem to be slight contradiction (some less optimistic souls might say cynical) to asking for used VCI trade-ins to re-sell on the website, as an outdated and no longer supported product. Saying that there are few similar cases in the world I can believe of similar to the VCI, where the hardware can be infinitely recycled by the application of a fresh skin, WHICH IS WHAT MAKES THE VCI 100 AND MORE INPORTANTLY WHAT EAN AND THE GANG HAVE DONE HERE SO TRULY SPECIAL!! The most environmentally friendly piece of DJ kit on the planet!!
C'mon guys, yes midi fighter is the new thing, yes the S4 has arrived, yes the website/store is growing and becoming something else... but please, please, please don't stop what made it all so special in the first place.
Jodi Lacerra
I just posted the initial version of the VCI-100SE v4.0 mapping here (for those that are interested): http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=34931
Suellen Ianelli
Originally Posted by Dr Draught
i like that. +1. or whatever .
Lacy Lasha
+1
Laquita Cofsky
Originally Posted by dillinger23
well mate you are ....wait for s*** pun.... IN THE LOOP more than most of us, so aren't you lucky one. An AWFUL lot of people have been posting on at least 3 threads on here asking for updates on the situation for months now.
Not really, I just bought something from the store and that involves djtt sending you a lot of emails. I took the opportunity to reply with a question about the mappings. Here is the reply:

Lizabeth Peight
Laquita Cofsky
Got told via email that the new mapping is out early August, which is now. I can't wait really, just hope it makes the most of the loop / sample features in 2.

Couldn't care too much about an overlay unless its changed significantly. I'm always in the dark anyway so its hard to read.
Suellen Ianelli
that really sucks ;(
Lizabeth Peight
FINALLY there has been at least some acknowledgement of this now from DJTT, although I had to throw a sulk on their facebook thread for it to happen. they are now acknowledging that they may not produce an overlay (we all know this contradicts a clear statement 5 months ago that there would be one, but lets move onwards and upwards), and they have created a registration page so it is possible to express interest in an overlay. this is quite a step backwards from what we were expecting, but lets sign up and just hope for the best, and that they actually respond to us again, and reconnect with us once more. link ishttp://www.facebook.com/l/yAQDGdO6h/eepurl.com/diocs
Elida Ekenstam
we want a TP2 mapping
when do we want it? - NOW
Allene Manitta
or use my mapping (download link from traktobible in signature below)
Deeanna Gripshover
Please show support by posting on this thread

@dillinger23 your comments were awesome!!

http://www.djranking s.com/community /showthread.php?t=31692
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by Daw-z
Very well put guys.

We all love this site and nothing originally grabbed more of us than the VCI 100. It's This community's foundation.

You can't keep selling VCI 100 SE Arcade editions in the store for $799 with an outdated overlay and no chance for future overlay designs for TP2, I'm afraid that's just wrong.
I thought there would be many of a like mind out there, @Daw-z, I believe you're right on the money, the thought had occurred and your spelling it our here confirms it. A petition thread for at least one proper TP2 overlay, and you are bang on in spelling out there would seem to be slight contradiction (some less optimistic souls might say cynical) to asking for used VCI trade-ins to re-sell on the website, as an outdated and no longer supported product. Saying that there are few similar cases in the world I can believe of similar to the VCI, where the hardware can be infinitely recycled by the application of a fresh skin, WHICH IS WHAT MAKES THE VCI 100 AND MORE INPORTANTLY WHAT EAN AND THE GANG HAVE DONE HERE SO TRULY SPECIAL!! The most environmentally friendly piece of DJ kit on the planet!!
C'mon guys, yes midi fighter is the new thing, yes the S4 has arrived, yes the website/store is growing and becoming something else... but please, please, please don't stop what made it all so special in the first place.
Britt Roback
I agree guys. Im waiting to buy a VCI 100 as I thought a new overlay and tsi were on their way. Without the overlay, I may consider my purchase. I new overlay to match TP2 would be awesome. Im sure enough people would buy it to make it profitable. Ill wait and see what happens.
Deeanna Gripshover
Very well put guys.

Ressie Bensel
I fuc*ing love my vci-100 and i would rly appreciate a new overlay that matchs with T2. I would def. buy it...
Aprizal Rustarmadi
yeah okay i wasnt plannin on doing another overlay but after dillingers post, i agree, let it at least go out in style...
Ned Somerset
Totally agree with you Dillinger23. Please keep it going!
Lizabeth Peight
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Unfortunately I don't have any exciting news on this front because with the craziness of the MF Pros and the new web store a lot of other projects had to get pushed back. I have made significant progress on the new mapping but there is still work to be done on the overlay redesign.

I don't know when this will happen but I can confidently say that if we change our minds and decide to not release a new overlay, I will still release my new mapping concept on the community s.
dont like the sound of that... until recently the overlay was a certainty was it not? now it seems like there is at least a chance the overlay will not be bothered with. The VCI is the acorn from which all of this has grown, and if the VCI is to be consigned to history please let it go out in style and with one final hurrah... an overlay specifically designed for TP2! To remind the S4 that without the VCI 100 it would never even have happened.
Dena Chinn
Originally Posted by flashflooder
Unfortunately I don't have any exciting news on this front because with the craziness of the MF Pros and the new web store a lot of other projects had to get pushed back. I have made significant progress on the new mapping but there is still work to be done on the overlay redesign.

I don't know when this will happen but I can confidently say that if we change our minds and decide to not release a new overlay, I will still release my new mapping concept on the community s.
Aprizal Rustarmadi
yeah im not too keen on replacing another overlay. the current one is the 4th overlay ive put on and im not planning on doing it again. i would however really appreciated a mapping that added functionality to access the sample decks. im very comfortable with the 3.6.4 mapping and dont wont to change too much. i was hoping to trigger samples using the buttons and knobs in the top right corner (currently the sampler which i never use) or by shift + slice/echo/cue/play which i heard mentioned in the community
Ned Somerset
I would be fine with just the new mapping. I still use the original overlay. Memorizing the newest mapping wasn't all that difficult.
Deeanna Gripshover
"I don't know when this will happen but I can confidently say that if we change our minds and decide to not release a new overlay, I will still release my new mapping concept on the community s." Flashflooder

That's not good news, an new overlay would turn our VCI 100's into brand new Traktor 2 controllers.

There are a lot of guys like me who bought VCI 100 SE's or Arcades from your store and expect to have ongoing service not just to be forgotten or pushed down the queue when new products come out.

Please don't isolate VCI 100 owners!!
Mel Vozella
Great, thanks for the update flashflooder, we're looking forward to it! You guys are doing a great job!
Tatum Ansaldo
Cheers man.
Leeanna Ayla
Thanks for the update.
Jodi Lacerra

Tatum Ansaldo
They're working on it, but I believe midifighter pro mappings are taking precedence right now.
Olene Minyard
Does this mean DJTT are not working on anything then due to the lack of a response?
Tatum Ansaldo
not a sausage.
Ned Somerset
Leonardo Papajohn
Originally Posted by Bunford
Not meaning to sound impatient or wanting to sound like them idiots who demand a mapping immediately, I'm just wondering if this is being worked on at all and whether there's any ideas of timescales at all?

Cheers people!
+1

<< Back to DJ TechTools' VCI-100 FAQReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy