MF Classic Traktor receives midi signal and does not activate any of the effects HELP

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Classic Traktor receives midi signal and does not activate any of the effects HELPReply
MF Classic Traktor receives midi signal and does not activate any of the effects HELP
Posted on: 06.06.2012 by Lyn Vernali
Okay fellow DJ's I've spent a countless number of hours fiddling around with this stupid thing and havent gotten anywhere... So heres the situation, I upgraded traktor and my midi fighter no longer worked, so now I downgraded traktor to the previous version, still does not work. My midi fighter is in 4 banks mode and traktor is receiving midi signal, all of the LEDs light up as they should (the echo freeze doesn't stay lit) I've downloaded the tsi and imported it a bunch of times (mainly the way the video says, just the effects settings and controller mapping, clicking the big import tab and doing that twice) Bought a new USB for it and reset it a few times too.... I also set it up as a generic midi and set up a few things like pause and play and believe it or not the signal went through and it would actually play it or pause it.

So basically I've tried everything I can possibly believe of so if someone can please help me out here that'd be unreal!

Thanks
Lyn Vernali
Okay fellow DJ's I've spent a countless number of hours fiddling around with this stupid thing and havent gotten anywhere... So heres the situation, I upgraded traktor and my midi fighter no longer worked, so now I downgraded traktor to the previous version, still does not work. My midi fighter is in 4 banks mode and traktor is receiving midi signal, all of the LEDs light up as they should (the echo freeze doesn't stay lit) I've downloaded the tsi and imported it a bunch of times (mainly the way the video says, just the effects settings and controller mapping, clicking the big import tab and doing that twice) Bought a new USB for it and reset it a few times too.... I also set it up as a generic midi and set up a few things like pause and play and believe it or not the signal went through and it would actually play it or pause it.

So basically I've tried everything I can possibly believe of so if someone can please help me out here that'd be unreal!

Thanks
Adolf Hit
Hey Dangletron,

I believe its best to get in touch with support, they can walk you through setup one last time to make sure you havent missed anything, and failing that arrange a replacement unit for you.
Lyn Vernali
I tried the midi fighter on my bro's mac book by installing the Instant Grat TSI file just as the video instructs you to do, and same problem. I believe my fight is over and it's time to send it in to DJTT any last actions I could try b4 I go about doing that?

Thanks Again
Adolf Hit
Hey Dangletron,

This is a strange bug, one thing to try would be to uninstall Traktor and then install it all over again, it sounds crazy but this has fixed similar problems in the past...
Lyn Vernali
I'm wondering could there be a setting I have on or something in the S4 Default or Traktor 2 Default mapping that could be overriding the midi command and not letting the FX units be activated... Just a thought, I've never touched either of the mappings so it wouldn't make sense why something like that would happen but I'm out of ideas.
Lyn Vernali
Just gave that a try and it worked fine but didn't do anything to get the midifighter back up and running... Did you just end up emailing DJTTs? This problem isn't making a lick of sense.
Tamra Millus
http://www.djranking s.com/software/mac/MFUpdate.dmg

http://www.djranking s.com/software/pc/MFUpdate.dmg

Run it and do the update im MF Utility
Tamra Millus
https://ranking s.zendesk.com/attach...et%20Guide.pdf

Now my MFC works better then before!!! Tnx to Chris at DJTT!
Lyn Vernali
Yes about 30 times lol, just like the video states... I've also tried a few other ways without any luck too... And I'm on the latest version of OSX with the current updates.

Thanks
Adolf Hit
Hey Dangletron,

Have you tried importing the effects settings twice?
Also are you using OSX or Windows?
Lyn Vernali
Yes everything is exactly the way it's suppose to be, it recieves the midi signal and the midi figher lights up, it just doesn't actually activate the effects.

Thanks
robin loo
are the IN/OUT ports in the controller manager set correctly?
Lyn Vernali
Thanks for replying... if you find anything be sure to let me know and I'll do the same, do you know how to take it out of 4 banks mode? I'd like to try it so it believes it's a brand new midi fighter sorta deal.
Tamra Millus
I HAVE SAME ISSUE and i haven't figure it out neither!

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy