Thoughts about Midifighter...

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Thoughts about Midifighter...Reply
Thoughts about Midifighter...
Posted on: 15.07.2012 by Larhonda Blyler
Hi!

For the moment I always play on 2 * cdj 2000 and 900 nexus mixer when i play out. But I miss a third player to use for samples and acapellas. Thats why i believe about buying a Midifighter.

But I would need help from someone here.
I got traktor 2,5 and believe about mapping the midifighter to one of the remixdecks. I would like to use it like one button for each sample.
But i found a problem with these because:
1, i want to be able to pitch bend. is it possible to map 2 buttons to the pitch bends in traktor?

2, is it possible to map the bpm to any button. lets say one button for the bpm to go down and one for making it higher?

3, would it be better with another controller?

Im sorry if the questions is answered in another thread!

Thanks!

/Chris
Larhonda Blyler
Originally Posted by weltraumpapst
for samples only i'd look into ableton or a hardware sampler

Allright!

Maybee ableton would be better..
Does anybody know a hardware sampler that is able to adjust tempo and pitchbend? I dont only use one shoot sapmles..

Thanks!

Edit: When I already got this thread. Is it anybody that know if it is possible to only se one deck in traktor? in my case just remix deck a...
Larhonda Blyler
the midifighter 3D has a new firmware that enables the control of the remix decks..

http://www.djranking s.com/2012/07/1...-3d-open-beta/
Thanks.
Yes i saw it. But does it work good?

I have never been playing with computer i always use pioneers cdj:s and i still want to use them with rekordbox. I just want traktor to use for the samples..
Larhonda Blyler
Originally Posted by Chris Night
Hi!

For the moment I always play on 2 * cdj 2000 and 900 nexus mixer when i play out. But I miss a third player to use for samples and acapellas. Thats why i believe about buying a Midifighter.

I got traktor 2,5 and believe about mapping the midifighter to one of the remixdecks. I would like to use it like one button for each sample.
1, i want to be able to pitch bend. is it possible to map 2 buttons to the pitch bends in traktor?

2, is it possible to map the bpm to any button. lets say one button for the bpm to go down and one for making it higher?

Thanks!

/Chris
Edit. I just saw that mapping a non f1 controller is quite hard...
Larhonda Blyler
Hi!

Thanks!

/Chris
Adolf Hit
Hey Chris,

Yes it is possible to use just one deck in traktor.

If all you want to do is drop samples and you have not been using a computer to DJ with before now, I believe looking into a hardware sampler could be a better option.

However the MF3D will work as a remix deck controller with T2.5, the default HID mapping does not have pitch bend controls, however you could add controls to do this using MIDI fairly easily, I say fairly because there is a slight learning curve to creating mappings.
Larhonda Blyler

Allright!

Maybee ableton would be better..
Does anybody know a hardware sampler that is able to adjust tempo and pitchbend? I dont only use one shoot sapmles..

Thanks!

Edit: When I already got this thread. Is it anybody that know if it is possible to only se one deck in traktor? in my case just remix deck a...
robin loo
Larhonda Blyler
the midifighter 3D has a new firmware that enables the control of the remix decks..

Thanks.
Yes i saw it. But does it work good?

I have never been playing with computer i always use pioneers cdj:s and i still want to use them with rekordbox. I just want traktor to use for the samples..
robin loo

Larhonda Blyler
Originally Posted by Chris Night
Hi!

Thanks!

/Chris
Edit. I just saw that mapping a non f1 controller is quite hard...

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy