Midi Fighter and s2 mappings?/ suggestions.

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midi Fighter and s2 mappings?/ suggestions.Reply
Midi Fighter and s2 mappings?/ suggestions.
Posted on: 19.06.2012 by Dick Korus
Hi, I am a big fan of the beau-bryte s2 mapping, but I have a midi fighter as well. I would like to keep the fx on the s2 how they are, but i would like a use for my midi fighter (classic), as i just got it today. Any suggestions? I would really like my midi fighter to control the fx that are set on the s2, but creating a mapping to do that would be a pain. I would really like a use for the midi fighter. Any use. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Lakenya Refior
Originally Posted by dubyou
It took me a few times of importing to get it to work right, but it did after a few tries, i wasnt following how to correctly import the mapping. follow the specific instructions on the mapping page and import a few times it should work. i hope this helps!
Ha thanks! The trick for me was factory resetting my midi fighter apparently one of the times the LEDs were flashing like NYC Christmas festival i hit something and changed something in the midi fighters settings so.. Factory reset + s2/fighter.tsi =
Lakenya Refior
Originally Posted by djkentaron
This totally worked for me. I'm still having issues with my midifighter classic though. It doesn't know how to combo anymore. I believe something happened when I was plugging it in one day and it was doing it's z-patter of LEDs... I might have pressed something and turned combos off and can't get them on now.

If anyone could help me with that I'd be very appreciative.
did you ever figure this out?! im having the same problem I want to rip my face off trouble shooting xD!!!!
Janetta Score
Originally Posted by beaubryte
I made a custom one, can you try this out?
It has the S2 mapping and MF already in it. It uses both the S2 and (classic) Midi Fighter FX,
with some kind of forced switchback.
This way both mappings can use their own FX settings.
Let me know if it's something to go public with!

http://www.beau-bryte.com/MidiFighterS2.zip

Import it with the BIG import button, assign the s2 to the s2 mapping, and the midi fighter to all 4 mf mappings.
This totally worked for me. I'm still having issues with my midifighter classic though. It doesn't know how to combo anymore. I believe something happened when I was plugging it in one day and it was doing it's z-patter of LEDs... I might have pressed something and turned combos off and can't get them on now.

Dick Korus
Hi, I am a big fan of the beau-bryte s2 mapping, but I have a midi fighter as well. I would like to keep the fx on the s2 how they are, but i would like a use for my midi fighter (classic), as i just got it today. Any suggestions? I would really like my midi fighter to control the fx that are set on the s2, but creating a mapping to do that would be a pain. I would really like a use for the midi fighter. Any use. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Dick Korus
Yeah I sold my s2 to get an ege recently. I hardly use the midi fighter anymore :/
Lakenya Refior
Originally Posted by dubyou
It took me a few times of importing to get it to work right, but it did after a few tries, i wasnt following how to correctly import the mapping. follow the specific instructions on the mapping page and import a few times it should work. i hope this helps!
Ha thanks! The trick for me was factory resetting my midi fighter apparently one of the times the LEDs were flashing like NYC Christmas festival i hit something and changed something in the midi fighters settings so.. Factory reset + s2/fighter.tsi =
Dick Korus
Lakenya Refior
Originally Posted by djkentaron

did you ever figure this out?! im having the same problem I want to rip my face off trouble shooting xD!!!!
Dick Korus
I was believeing about something for your s2 mapping as well that I noticed on the DDj ergo v. A blinking led for beatmatching on the load buttons (a and b) would be a nice feature. That pulses to the beat, Since they are right next to each other that visual feedback would be nice help for matching by ear with visual help. I mean if it already on the mapping somewhere else I haven't noticed it yet
Claire Auyeung
Thanks man.
I did some more tweaking and put an update on my S2 mapping page, it's live now.
I removed the embedded MF classic mapping so users can add their own second mapping to it.

http://maps.djranking s.com/mappings/53

It should work with Kontrol S2 + Midi Fighter Classic and others.
Dick Korus
This mapping is great. Im extremely happy with it. I was getting tired of using the jog wheels with the wrong fx set. Id say go public.or post a thread with it first and see how others like it. This is my new favorite mapping though haha.
Janetta Score
Originally Posted by beaubryte
It has the S2 mapping and MF already in it. It uses both the S2 and (classic) Midi Fighter FX,

Import it with the BIG import button, assign the s2 to the s2 mapping, and the midi fighter to all 4 mf mappings.

Claire Auyeung
Its imporant to import the s2 settings, not the mf fx settings. That's why I merged them to one tsi.. It should work in 4 banks mode.
Dick Korus
I am currently running an instant gratification mapping with your s2 mapping and it works, I imported the fx for the midi fighter and the controller settings for yours. But the one and only thing that doesnt work is that the two bottom right buttons on the grad mapping assign filter 92 lfo and Lofi to fx group 1s fx 2 and 3, which causes the jog fx to sound like ass. but, as I said I'll give yours a try today. Thanks a lot!
Dick Korus
I'll give it a try later today and get back to you, it already sounds too good to be true! My midi fighter is in 4 banks mode would I need to set it in another mode first or would it work in 4 banks?
Claire Auyeung

Dick Korus
And it works great so far I can get 4 tracks playing at once. But the LEDs for the toggle switch for play won't stay on...
Dick Korus
I couldn't figure out how to get it to change with the presets, so I trashed it, but I'm working on a new one that's gonna control the sample decks for easier access for one shots. and another one that uses the top 8 to control decks c and the bottom 8 to control d. it will have a play button, cue, a tempo match and 4 hot cues and a shift button so you can use the the hotcue buttons a second way to set loops. I will have one effect as well, that well fire off an echo out. Feel free to let me know what you believe of the idea, it will be done sometime soon probably Monday.
Janetta Score
I would love to see what you came up with.
Dick Korus
Just kidding I took all day and made one that works pretty well actually. If anyone has the same problem I'll send you the tsi file when I'm done.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy