Faders shipped upside down

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Faders shipped upside downReply
Faders shipped upside down
Posted on: 25.07.2012 by Andrew Sandberg
It appears that my faders are both in backwards or upside down (however you want to look at it) should I ship it back or would it be an easy fix to open and change the fader positions?

thanks
Andrew Sandberg
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey Upright,

Unfortunately I have never used reason. You could try posting a thread in the production community , I know there are plenty of reason user about these ways

Ch

Thank you for the help.
Andrew Sandberg
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
thats a mapping issue mate.
How do you suppose its a mapping issue? Ive not change anything in my DAW to make the parameters respond 'oppositely' to the fader movements, I'm simply assigning the fader to a parameter.
Andrew Sandberg
It appears that my faders are both in backwards or upside down (however you want to look at it) should I ship it back or would it be an easy fix to open and change the fader positions?

thanks
Andrew Sandberg
Originally Posted by midifidler
Hey Upright,

Unfortunately I have never used reason. You could try posting a thread in the production community , I know there are plenty of reason user about these ways

Ch

Thank you for the help.
Adolf Hit
Hey Upright,

Ch
Andrew Sandberg
Thank you so much, I've been pulling my hair out. Would you mind a gentle nudge in the right direction as to how I would remap that? Thank you!
Adolf Hit
Hey Upright,

This is not a faulty unit, this is the default behavior for the cue master, also it is impossible for the fader's to be mounted upside down.

You just need to invert the mapping response.
Andrew Sandberg
I'm using Reason 6.5. Everything else works like you'd expect, it's just the faders that seem backwards or 'opposite' what they should be. Like I mentioned, If I assign a fader to a pitch wheel, upon the fader moves the pitch wheel down and vice versa. The behavior is the same for both faders. If someone can tell me what note is sent when the MFP fader is in the down position I can confirm whether or not my faders are in the wrong way.
Leeanna Ayla
What software are you using?
Andrew Sandberg
Originally Posted by Jester.NZ
How do you suppose its a mapping issue? Ive not change anything in my DAW to make the parameters respond 'oppositely' to the fader movements, I'm simply assigning the fader to a parameter.
Latoria Kavulich
Andrew Sandberg
The faders are in the unit correctly but the direction that the faders control the parameter is such-

when I move a fader up (forward) the parameter in DAW moves down (-negative) and vice versa

both faders respond this way
Erica Charvet
Not sure what you mean... picture?

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy