MF Pro Ableton APC/Launchpad style Script (Mapping)

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: MF Pro Ableton APC/Launchpad style Script (Mapping)Reply
MF Pro Ableton APC/Launchpad style Script (Mapping)
Posted on: 04.07.2012 by Brendan Andrascik
After a while I realized that although the MF had some very useful and expressive mappings for Traktor, its focus simply on the Drum Rack in Ableton Live does not completely satisfies me. That’s why I decided to create a MIDI Script that would mimic some of the functionality that Launchpad or the APC has. More precisely, like Track, Clip, Device controls and of course keep the Drum Rack functionality.

So this is what I came up with! It consist of 4 pages, somehow similar to the Modes on the Novation Launchpad. (needless to say that your MF Pro must have enabled the 4 Banks mode)
  • Page 1: is the General control page and consists of tempo controls, global play, stop and record and the controls to move around the “red box”
  • Page 2: is the Track control page. Each row corresponds to one of the rows inside of the red box. And it consits of Track select, Mut, Arm and Solo.
  • Page 3: is the Clip control page, you have a 4
Brendan Andrascik
After a while I realized that although the MF had some very useful and expressive mappings for Traktor, its focus simply on the Drum Rack in Ableton Live does not completely satisfies me. That’s why I decided to create a MIDI Script that would mimic some of the functionality that Launchpad or the APC has. More precisely, like Track, Clip, Device controls and of course keep the Drum Rack functionality.

So this is what I came up with! It consist of 4 pages, somehow similar to the Modes on the Novation Launchpad. (needless to say that your MF Pro must have enabled the 4 Banks mode)
  • Page 1: is the General control page and consists of tempo controls, global play, stop and record and the controls to move around the “red box”
  • Page 2: is the Track control page. Each row corresponds to one of the rows inside of the red box. And it consits of Track select, Mut, Arm and Solo.
Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik

Brendan Andrascik
it absolutely should work!
I have developed a very similar mapping for the MF3D because with this one the LED feedback is a bit messy, give it a try here http://community .djranking s.com/showthread.php?t=57163
also there is a video tutorial on how to use it and install it!
Arthur Prestwich
will this work on Ableton 8.2.5?
Brendan Andrascik
Can anybody please try this out on a MF 3D and let me know how it works?
Brendan Andrascik
thanks again man for pointing those differences out for the beat masher. I will add that to the documentation
Tawnya Attia
So far it seems to work spot on in the cue master. haven't tested the rack controls yet though....
btw. the bank switch buttons and the faders are moved around a bit between the cue master
and the beatmasher. so beatmasher users will notice the banks are moved around while
the faders and knobs will control racks in a different order as opposed to 1-4 and only
have control over 3 of those.

getting back to the mapping the clip launching led feedback etc works fine no probs so far
in my testing.

EDIT:- looking at my beatmasher to cue master mapping you'll see that the presets are switched around. this should be identical to the banks on the beatmasher.

so on the beatmasher:-
preset button 1 =>page 3
preset button 2 =>page 1
preset button 3 =>page 4
preset button 4 =>page 2

as for the faders and knobs i have the changes written down somewhere.
i'll post here once i find that diagram i made to convert mappings
Brendan Andrascik
Can anybody test this out and give me some feedback? If the pages and LEDs work properly.. I never actually tested this on a real MF

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy