S4, F1, Midi Fighter Pro USB 2.0 Question

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: S4, F1, Midi Fighter Pro USB 2.0 QuestionReply
S4, F1, Midi Fighter Pro USB 2.0 Question
Posted on: 06.09.2012 by Kimbra Emden
Hey everyone,

I am currently DJing with an S4 and am looking to add an F1 and Midi Fighter Pro in the near future.

The question that I have is: my current laptop has 2 USB 2.0 ports and I would be in need of 3 so naturally I would need a hub. If I were to run my S4 off one port and put a hub on the other one (F1 + Midi Fighter Pro) could I get away with not using a powered hub? Access to power in the booth can be scarce sometimes and I would rather not use a powered USB if possible. Does anyone currently run this setup? Do the F1 and Midi Fighter Pro combined need more than 500 mA?
Kimbra Emden
Hey everyone,

I am currently DJing with an S4 and am looking to add an F1 and Midi Fighter Pro in the near future.

The question that I have is: my current laptop has 2 USB 2.0 ports and I would be in need of 3 so naturally I would need a hub. If I were to run my S4 off one port and put a hub on the other one (F1 + Midi Fighter Pro) could I get away with not using a powered hub? Access to power in the booth can be scarce sometimes and I would rather not use a powered USB if possible. Does anyone currently run this setup? Do the F1 and Midi Fighter Pro combined need more than 500 mA?
Rey Holubar
If you have one socket available bring an extension cord with you with extra sockets on it.

And in general you should always use a powered hub, if you extend the USB bus through one.

scamo
Adolf Hit
Hey Jamie

You would defintley want to use a powered hub, both the F1 and the 3D require a full powered USB port.

However because the S4 uses a power supply anyway what you could do is run the S4 from the hub and use the two remaining ports for the F1 and 3D.

However you would want to give this solution a good testing before going live to ensure your hub handles the audio data.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy