MF3D Help Please!!!

MF3D Help Please!!!
Posted on: 04.02.2013 by Adina Leslein
I just got my MF3D today. I am excited but also frustrated.

I have watched the set up videos over and over and I can not get my MF3D to work at all.

The firmware is up to date and all that.

I downloaded Ean's jam on it map and followed the instructions to a T over and over and Tracktor wont respond to me pressing buttons. The CTRL light at the top of Traktor doesnt light when i hit buttons or rotate yet the mapping was successfully loaded in but Traktor is non-responsive.

Here is what o want to do:

I want to control 2 track decks (A/B) with my vestax vci-100

I want to control 2 remix and or track decks with my MF3D (C/D)

I am still a beginner and need so help.

I have seen ppl on youtube using a MF and a controller together before and thats what I want to do.

Thanks
Adina Leslein
Originally Posted by Jester
Have you changed the firmware in the utility to the Remix firmware? you need to do that to be able to control the remix decks.
When you load up traktor, one corner should flash on the 3d to indicate what remix deck you can control. you can only control one deck at a time, if you want to swap the decks, you must unplug and do the same process again.
Assuming you have imported the mapping correctly, including the effects settings, the right side middle button on the 3d will toggle between HID and midi modes.

well so far i got it to work...my questions now are...

what mapping should i use to not only control the effects of the remix deck but also swap between loops

and is there no way to use both my vestax controller and the midifighter 3d together in traktor pro (2.6)
Adina Leslein
I just got my MF3D today. I am excited but also frustrated.

I have watched the set up videos over and over and I can not get my MF3D to work at all.

The firmware is up to date and all that.

I downloaded Ean's jam on it map and followed the instructions to a T over and over and Tracktor wont respond to me pressing buttons. The CTRL light at the top of Traktor doesnt light when i hit buttons or rotate yet the mapping was successfully loaded in but Traktor is non-responsive.

Here is what o want to do:

I want to control 2 track decks (A/B) with my vestax vci-100

I want to control 2 remix and or track decks with my MF3D (C/D)

I am still a beginner and need so help.

I have seen ppl on youtube using a MF and a controller together before and thats what I want to do.

Thanks
Latoria Kavulich
I use Ean's "Jam On It" mapping but there are several other to choose from on the mapping site https://maps.djranking s.com/

I use 2 Kontrol X1's, Midifighter 3D and a midi mixer in traktor with no issues. Just make sure the IN/Out ports are set correctly.
Adina Leslein
Originally Posted by Jester
Have you changed the firmware in the utility to the Remix firmware? you need to do that to be able to control the remix decks.
When you load up traktor, one corner should flash on the 3d to indicate what remix deck you can control. you can only control one deck at a time, if you want to swap the decks, you must unplug and do the same process again.
Assuming you have imported the mapping correctly, including the effects settings, the right side middle button on the 3d will toggle between HID and midi modes.

well so far i got it to work...my questions now are...

what mapping should i use to not only control the effects of the remix deck but also swap between loops

and is there no way to use both my vestax controller and the midifighter 3d together in traktor pro (2.6)
Latoria Kavulich
Forgot to mention, check that the IN/Out port shows the 3D in the controller manager.
Latoria Kavulich

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy