Midifighter Programing question

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Midifighter Programing questionReply
Midifighter Programing question
Posted on: 23.02.2013 by Melodi Cudzilo
Hey everyone..

I'm just wondering how you programed the transpose stretch "super combo" into the mapping. I am trying to have just a single button on my controller perform that transpose stretch "sweep" effect however I cannot figure out how to program the sweep of the effect amount into traktor. Any help is greatly appreciated or anyone could include a screen shot of that particular programing chain, that would be super helpful.

Thanks,

AJ
Melodi Cudzilo
Hey everyone..

I'm just wondering how you programed the transpose stretch "super combo" into the mapping. I am trying to have just a single button on my controller perform that transpose stretch "sweep" effect however I cannot figure out how to program the sweep of the effect amount into traktor. Any help is greatly appreciated or anyone could include a screen shot of that particular programing chain, that would be super helpful.

Thanks,

AJ
Latoria Kavulich
yes unfortunately this is a limitation when you map a button as a knob. with a proper knob you can get the timing perfect.
Melodi Cudzilo
I only get the option to make it auto repeat (which does get me the desired effect, slightly) when I map it to another button. Knob options are not getting me the effect I'm looking for. The issue I am having is it does not increase at the right tempo. It seems like the resolution option, under button options, controls that however the options I am give are either to slow or to quick. Sorry I'm not getting this, kinda new to programing controllers but I really wanna figure this out...

Edit; Specifically, the sound of the Transpose coming back from the original peak of the sweep does not sound quite right..
Latoria Kavulich
button 1 just activates the effect in chained mode, the knob 1 is the effect amount. so by mapping that twice (once for a starting value, say 50%) and again set to increase (autorepeat), every time you press and hold the button it will reset to that starting value and increase incrementally
Melodi Cudzilo
So the the Button 1 (hold) & Knob 1 should be effect 1 Amount? Can you post a screen shot? I have been just copying the settings I saw from Ean's original Midifighter instant gratification YouTube video so maybe a screen shot would be a little easier for me to follow.
Latoria Kavulich
Say for example you want the transpose effect on FX unit 1, Slot 1 ... and you want it to work on the bottom left (13) buttoin

map: effect 1 selector (transpose), FX unit 1 On (hold), Button 1 (hold), Knob 1 (hold)all to the same button
map knob 1 twice: once to set the starting amount, twice to set it to increase as you hold it.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy