Midifighter note map

Midifighter note map
Posted on: 09.03.2013 by Kizzy Hoffine
So after a careful read of the manual for the included software, I see ways of changing LED colors and velocity and all sorts of other things, but no easy way to change which note numbers are sent when an arcade button on the midifighter is pressed.

Did I miss it?

Is there any way (alternate firmware, etc) to do this? I want it as diatonic fifths tuning, so (starting in the lower left corner) A2, B2, C3, D3, then the next row up left to right E3, F3, G3, A3, etc. similar to a violin.

Yes, I know this is not how most people use the controller. It is, however, how I'd like to use it. If it can do this.

An external note remap could work too if anybody has some advice there.

Thanks!
B
Kizzy Hoffine
Originally Posted by padi_04
I'm working on an Ableton script to enable scale modes and transposing for the arcade buttons. Only way to edit the midi notes is by working with a custom firmware.

If you don't mind a middle man, you could use MidiPipe or Bome's to translate the notes to your taste.
I have been looking at Bome pretty seriously. I believe it's a good way to go--the interface is pretty intuitive, remapping looks like it'd be cake. Still trying to work out how to do a transpose using a global variable; I believe I could map two of the side buttons to half-step up (increment global variable) and half-step down (decrement global variable), and then just have each mapping say something like "when receive Midifighter's note 102, play note 77 + (global variable)." If global variable is negative, transpose will go down; if positive, it will go up. The only downside is it would theoretically be possible to generate a message like "play midi note two hundred fifty" with this system, which might be bad. I don't know what would happen.

I also have Ableton and may try to use that. Let me know if you get your Ableton script working, that could be really helpful.
Kizzy Hoffine
So after a careful read of the manual for the included software, I see ways of changing LED colors and velocity and all sorts of other things, but no easy way to change which note numbers are sent when an arcade button on the midifighter is pressed.

Did I miss it?

Is there any way (alternate firmware, etc) to do this? I want it as diatonic fifths tuning, so (starting in the lower left corner) A2, B2, C3, D3, then the next row up left to right E3, F3, G3, A3, etc. similar to a violin.

Yes, I know this is not how most people use the controller. It is, however, how I'd like to use it. If it can do this.

An external note remap could work too if anybody has some advice there.

Thanks!
B
Kizzy Hoffine
Originally Posted by padi_04
I'm working on an Ableton script to enable scale modes and transposing for the arcade buttons. Only way to edit the midi notes is by working with a custom firmware.

If you don't mind a middle man, you could use MidiPipe or Bome's to translate the notes to your taste.
I have been looking at Bome pretty seriously. I believe it's a good way to go--the interface is pretty intuitive, remapping looks like it'd be cake. Still trying to work out how to do a transpose using a global variable; I believe I could map two of the side buttons to half-step up (increment global variable) and half-step down (decrement global variable), and then just have each mapping say something like "when receive Midifighter's note 102, play note 77 + (global variable)." If global variable is negative, transpose will go down; if positive, it will go up. The only downside is it would theoretically be possible to generate a message like "play midi note two hundred fifty" with this system, which might be bad. I don't know what would happen.

I also have Ableton and may try to use that. Let me know if you get your Ableton script working, that could be really helpful.
Nedra Fresneda

Random X
Moved thread to MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion community .

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy