stepsequencer in ableton with midifighter?

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: stepsequencer in ableton with midifighter?Reply
stepsequencer in ableton with midifighter?
Posted on: 27.06.2011 by Julius Gannuscio
hi,
i just ordered a midifighter and have some questions:
1. what are the 'digital inputs'? i wanna use the midifighter for note input in ableton live and will need the four banks mode to access more notes. four banks external seems a bit more usefull but how are banks switched from the 'digital inputs'?
2. is it possible to switch banks with the supercombos?
3. is there some mapping(or m4l) to use the midifighter as a 16 stepsequencer in ableton?
4. can i set the midifighter to sent note events on 'all' midi channels?
5. is communication bidirectional so that the leds light up when a selected midiclip is running?
thanx,
gee hgt
Tatum Ansaldo
Originally Posted by gee hgt
1. what are the 'digital inputs'? i wanna use the midifighter for note input in ableton live and will need the four banks mode to access more notes. four banks external seems a bit more usefull but how are banks switched from the 'digital inputs'?
Digital input means it can only be ON or OFF (ie a button). Solder on 4 more buttons, activate 4BE mode and they select your 4 banks of the main 16 buttons.

You can only switch banks with the top 4 buttons in 4B internal, or as I described before.

3. is there some mapping(or m4l) to use the midifighter as a 16 stepsequencer in ableton?
No idea.

Only with a midi translator program like Bome's. You can change the MF's channel, but not set it to 'all channels'.

5. is communication bidirectional so that the leds light up when a selected midiclip is running?
If you set your DAW to output midi on the same channel as the button, the corresponding LED will light up.
Julius Gannuscio
hi,
i just ordered a midifighter and have some questions:
thanx,
gee hgt
Mae Penquite
I created a stepsequencer for midifighter 3D.
If you test it and tell me what's not working, i can try to adapt it to any other model.
16Steps
Julius Gannuscio
thanx for looking into it. i just got rid of my old launchpad, its a real ugly device. i am quite happy with my new midifighter. :-)
is there a section in the community on the midifighter with ableton? i am looking for mappings and ableton fx-racks to do some beatmangling, glitch, mlr stuff. something like aurex's jigsaw for the block(http://www.aurexmusic.com/livid)....
Laurene Kestin
navigation could be possible if you had some sort of directional swipe across the buttons moving you around banks and rows. or like you get with a launch pad where each button can turns into a 16 x 16 section allowing quick switch around.
Laurice Migneco
You'd need to work really hard to get limited functionality out of it given the number of buttons. I can see how it could work with a 16 step sequencer but you need to consider the other controls you'd need... You'd need to change between samples so you'll need a modifier button (you could use one of the 4 bank buttons and then the ordinary buttons to select up to 16 samples) which'll stop the midi being output and then translate the midi into the note that abletons expecting, M4L is probably your best bet for all of this as you could then use it to sequence and create your metronome running light...

That said, as LeeZers stated, Launchpads are cheap at the moment...

Cheers
D
Laurene Kestin
nice fun idea. i'd like to see some files if you actually get this working just to play with. but with launchpads as cheap as they are i can't see this being much used.
Tatum Ansaldo
Digital input means it can only be ON or OFF (ie a button). Solder on 4 more buttons, activate 4BE mode and they select your 4 banks of the main 16 buttons.

You can only switch banks with the top 4 buttons in 4B internal, or as I described before.

No idea.

Only with a midi translator program like Bome's. You can change the MF's channel, but not set it to 'all channels'.

If you set your DAW to output midi on the same channel as the button, the corresponding LED will light up.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy