Traktor won't recognize midifighter classic on in-port and out-port

Home :: MIDIfighter Resources and Discussion :: Traktor won't recognize midifighter classic on in-port and out-portReply
Traktor won't recognize midifighter classic on in-port and out-port
Posted on: 20.03.2013 by Jaunita Southerland
Hey guys,
I am just configuring my Midifighter Classic and stumbled upon a small problem.

When importing the instant gratification mapping I came upon step 12:
"Using that device dropdown menu, select each midi fighter option [a, b, c, d] individually and change the In-Ports and Out-Ports to “MidiFighter”"

The problem is that I cannot choose 'midifighter' as an option, only All-ports and USB Audio device....

I am probably missing a small step or configuration, but I cannot find it myself... is there anyone that can help me?

NEVERMIND; FIXED IT The controller was sending out signals on channel 1 in stead of channel 3... turned it back into channel 3 and it works like a charm (except of some problems with the effects, but I will ask this question in the mapping section)

Thanks in advance!

[edit; Hmmmm.. it seems that the midifighter works fine, BUT sends out different midi signals in comparison with the instant gratification mapping.... so this looks useless to me! Is there any way to find out which midi signals are send out by my MF?)

(extra info. I am running Traktor pro 2.6 on a win XP machine... the MF is from nov. 2012)
Jaunita Southerland
Hey guys,
I am just configuring my Midifighter Classic and stumbled upon a small problem.

When importing the instant gratification mapping I came upon step 12:
"Using that device dropdown menu, select each midi fighter option [a, b, c, d] individually and change the In-Ports and Out-Ports to “MidiFighter”"

The problem is that I cannot choose 'midifighter' as an option, only All-ports and USB Audio device....

I am probably missing a small step or configuration, but I cannot find it myself... is there anyone that can help me?

NEVERMIND; FIXED IT The controller was sending out signals on channel 1 in stead of channel 3... turned it back into channel 3 and it works like a charm (except of some problems with the effects, but I will ask this question in the mapping section)

Thanks in advance!

[edit; Hmmmm.. it seems that the midifighter works fine, BUT sends out different midi signals in comparison with the instant gratification mapping.... so this looks useless to me! Is there any way to find out which midi signals are send out by my MF?)

(extra info. I am running Traktor pro 2.6 on a win XP machine... the MF is from nov. 2012)
Jaunita Southerland
Hi Kooper,
You gave me an absolute hint in the right direction, thanks for that! The problem, however, was that there where to many effects selected! I erased al the new Traktor 2.6 effects and afterwards, the mapping worked like a charm
Kristofer Krauel
Make sure that all of the effects are selected. Go to preferences/effects. Make sure that all of the effects are in the right hand column. This can sometimes cause the wrong effects to be selected.

<< Back to MIDIfighter Resources and DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy