quneo mapping

quneo mapping
Posted on: 20.09.2012 by Lorri Bobar
Hey guys, I ordered a quneo, they look really neat. It arrives in a couple of days.

Just wanted to start a thread to garner interest for a sweet ass quneo FX mapping.

+ I want to try something by using the 4 corners of each pad that will increase/decrease FX params, so you can like 'play' the multi FX params by moving your finger around on the pads. sort of like midifighter squared.
+ use the vertical sliders for dry/wet fx 1-4. that button inbetween the circles, believeing that will be a reset button (to turn off fx but still keep your deck fx buttons on so you can hear fx trail out)
+ i'd like to try the two circle pads to be like fx jogwheels.
+ some kind of way to choose the active deck & fx assignment. maybe using the horizontal sliders & buttons.

not sure what to do with the crossfader - i'm believeing maybe some kind of beat/delay capture type thing using multitouch.

Anyone got some ideas or also getting a quneo - maybe we can knock heads and make something really freakin awesome.

quneo-controller.jpg
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by omnomnom168
2) Supplementary 2-deck controller for 4 track decks. Good if you have a 2-deck controller and want control of the other two. Probably similar to the first mapping but with decks switched to C and D. Time consuming but doable
You can map traktor deck focus and have control over all four decks but one at the time. Then replicate deck focus using a modifier and there they are, two or double deck focus to pick any of decks in both of focuses. No a/c and b/d limitations for any controller.

4) Track preparation mapping.
5) Instant Gratification / FX mapping.
6) Most likely another FX mapping. Possible issues while switching (see below).
It's kinda mapping I'm doing for Spectra

Possible issues:
I'm not exactly sure how the inputs and outputs in Traktor work (in terms of in-port and out-port in the controller manager) and how to make sure inputs don't override each other in controllers that don't have specific in-port and out-port settings. Maybe someone else can provide some input.
If your controllers are sharing the same CC in some of channels just make sure that In/Out are set for the controller that corresponds to mapping devices.
Leatrice Makridis
My mapping is complete and is available to download with full cheatsheet. as asked, i have included boss killswitches plus an uber FX buildup parameter with one slider. It is now the first option on the djtt mapping page under "recent"

Please tell me what you believe of it. So far i havent had any bugs with it that are not part of how traktor operates.
Kellie Myrum
No worries. Let us know what you find and put some ice on that
Lorri Bobar
thanks for the ideas, i'll mess around with it this weekend but if i am still beating my head against the wall, i believe i'll be converting to the numark orbit.
Kellie Myrum
Program your individual letter in single modifier state then map other page function buttons to kill the state for specific letter when you select any of other page that your output is currently displaying. This is where monitor state isn't necessary - well, in theory at least.
Lorri Bobar
i will try that. I originally had it set up so changing page buttons would show letters on the quneo using the leds (FX, EQ, A/B/C/D etc.) when being held, and on release go to that page. Problem was that some of the LED's would stack on the next set of LEDs.
Kellie Myrum
Does your page buttons also send note on and off? I'd try mapping monitor state to your page buttons and check invert to them to see if that could refresh the output by releasing the buttons.
Lorri Bobar
yeah, i've been told by KMI that doesn't work because the 'refresh' needs to happen after the template is changed. haven't tried mapping that tho, so i will try fool around with a solution this weekend.

i also don't like my odds considering these mappings have several hundred 'midi outs' over multiple (binary) modifiers
Kellie Myrum
Traktor do have command that can refresh the controller output. Called Send Monitor State.
Lorri Bobar
well, after making several complicated quneo maps for traktor, i'm kinda feeling let down with mr quneo. It is amazingly versatile in terms of dialing in exact control of fx and playability, but i have run into a huge problem with it in traktor that KMI basically don't care to fix.

I wanted to combine all of my various mappings into an uber mapping. but... no dice.

Yeah, you can't toggle pad pages or presets without the LED's (midi ins) getting all screwed up. They start stacking on top of each other, or they turn off completely. Unplugging/replugging the quneo 'refreshes' the LEDs but its not practical to do this constantly mid-set. I asked KMI about it and they said this is because Traktor doesn't have a function to refresh the LEDs. I call bs on that and asked how so many other midi devices are able to deal with this -- no reply...

Thinking of switching to a numark orbit.
Raphael Beyea
Going to buy QuNeo soon, hopefulyy someone will make awesome mapping with all QuNeo features for it.
Leatrice Makridis
After lots of technical issues (with lots of help from tech support - they are really good) i am beginning work on purely fx mapping. I may throw some browsing and cueing control in as well. Basically the pads are split down the middle, with identical fx on either side, but with one side routing the effect to each deck. Im having x, y, and pressure controlling fx paramaters. However, it is a modified version of the original mapping made by KMI so the cool bits like the dancing VU meters will still be there (so will the spinning rotaries).there will be 8 fx combos, that i believe sound good. If you believe others would do better, feel free to change them. I would love any feedback. However, i am new to this website so i may not be able to see your message. If you reply to this message that would be great.
Salvador Schneberger
This is my first midi controller and I am having a hard time programming the large buttons. I can't seems to assign one image to each corner of the large pads. McMillen told me to use CoMA mode and that doesn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated.
Erwin Brofman
i just got my Quneo last week. i gotta say, i am struggling really bad trying to figure out how to make a custom mapping. i am not very savy with MIDI stuff. it's almost a curse how powerful this device is because i cant figure it out. i've been fiddling around with the preset. i use Traktor. the preset is ok but not what i want out of it. i understand what all the details and functions do but i don't know how to write them. i would love to test out some of the mappings you guys have and see what works.

my ultimate goal is to use the quneo as the primary decks device, an f1 for my remix decks and an x1 for my effects work.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by omnomnom168
2) Supplementary 2-deck controller for 4 track decks. Good if you have a 2-deck controller and want control of the other two. Probably similar to the first mapping but with decks switched to C and D. Time consuming but doable
You can map traktor deck focus and have control over all four decks but one at the time. Then replicate deck focus using a modifier and there they are, two or double deck focus to pick any of decks in both of focuses. No a/c and b/d limitations for any controller.

4) Track preparation mapping.
It's kinda mapping I'm doing for Spectra

Possible issues:
I'm not exactly sure how the inputs and outputs in Traktor work (in terms of in-port and out-port in the controller manager) and how to make sure inputs don't override each other in controllers that don't have specific in-port and out-port settings. Maybe someone else can provide some input.
If your controllers are sharing the same CC in some of channels just make sure that In/Out are set for the controller that corresponds to mapping devices.
Ngan Cantres
What's up everyone. My quneo is arriving this week and I'm more than willing to test out any mappings for traktor or live (8 or 9). How tricky is this thing to program compared to say my old trigger finger? Anyone found a cool step sequencer or instrument control for live yet?
Ngan Cantres
What's up everyone. My quneo is arriving this week and I'm more than willing to test out any mappings for traktor or live (8 or 9). How tricky is this thing to program compared to say my old trigger finger? Anyone used a cool step sequencer yet?
Drucilla Summitt
I just got a QuNeo yesterday and am really interested in it.

I only use Ableton and Traktor, so I'm believeing of keeping presets 1-8 (drum racks etc) and 9-10 (ableton). That leaves 11-16 for Traktor, or 6 different presets.

These were what I was believeing:
1) Standalone 2-deck controller. Kind of similar to the provided mapping but modified. Possibly with keyboard as secondary input but I'm trying to keep most functions on the controller itself. [work in progress]
3) Sample deck triggering / possible Remix deck. There's some random remix deck remnants in the factory mapping but I believe those are just the first 4 slots (similar to the old sample decks). It may be possible to map remix decks but probably too much work due to firmware problems, etc.
4) 1 track / 1 sample deck mapping. Useful for having a 2-deck controller and having 3 track decks total and 1 sample deck. Combination of 1 and 3.

Possible issues:
If the notes are different, do they change when you change presets in Traktor? Or is a restart of Traktor required?
Not really sure how to do EQ's.

I believe the CC numbers in the factory mapping are a bit off; I'll try to make a new picture with the correct CC numbers (for the lights too) related to the default mapping.

Also if you want to send mappings I'd be glad to try them out and give feedbcak.
Valeri Galtney
I'd be down to test out some Quneo templates if you guys want to share them. Send a link.
Lorri Bobar
yeah it would be great to share some ideas. so many ways you can map a quneo, it is hard finding the best methodology!

i got a lil more work to do on it but i'll keep you posted
Cassi Butts
I'm working on a quneo mapping as well.

I mapped the horizontal sliders to control my fx, using one of the transport buttons to toggle trough the 4 banks.

I mapped the crossfader to select different page's on the pads. (I'm considering to change this due to the latest update) Those page's are at the moment gratify, a test on fx on the rotary's (like jogFX).. I was believeing of a slicer page, maybe a page to combine flux loop's and some fx. The vertical sliders are used to give some extra control over the fx you trigger on the pads. for example on the gratify page it allows you to adjust the D/W and parameter of the last triggered fx.

I'd like to test your mapping for you, it looks like it has some great potential. It might also bring me some new ideas.
Kellie Myrum
It's awesome peace indeed. I like 'kill effects' switch. Every mapping should have one.
Lorri Bobar
oh man, i agree. it is a wonderful device to midi map and this mapping barely scratches the surface
Kellie Myrum
Hehe, trust me on this: If I ever get one I'd rather made a tool on my own ideas. And you can call me crazy but I see much more potential in that unit

This seems like nice concept though. Can't wait to see demo vid and hear what you can do with it.
Lorri Bobar
Originally Posted by Stewe
Hey trux, great to see you were on mapping the unit all this time. Unfortunately I don't have Quneo to test this.
oh damn! maybe this mapping will encourage you to get one
Lorri Bobar
quneomegafx.jpg

info overload, but this is basically how its looking.

it is like a midifighter squared. totally mashable and very very expressive.
Kellie Myrum
Hey trux, great to see you were on mapping the unit all this time. Unfortunately I don't have Quneo to test this.
Lorri Bobar
hey stewe and other quneoids. i'm resurrecting this thread.

i've been working on a quneo fx mapping that is fairly beastly. would you guys be interested in helping me test it before i give it the proper release?

we are talking

- fx on/off for 4 decks
- pan LR for 4 decks
- dry/wet for 4 fx groups
- 9 pads of momentary fx control (dry/wet + fx value)
- shift button to pin fx, and to pick up to change values on pinned fx.
- 3 fx pickers to change up fx combos on the fly * for 8 pads = many many many possible combos
- 8 presets for current fx (linked in to 2 jog wheel fx = 16 jog wheel fx)
- flux mode switch for jog wheels
- built in inst grat combos (including delay freeze)
- full LED feedback
- LED feedback of master out volume

images and vid to come. looking for testers.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by frankydev
Where can I find an image mapping graphic of food?
Try looking at spam center.
Elane Servais
Where can I find an image mapping graphic of food?
Kellie Myrum
This was my first thought. It's instant control to all four fx units with on buttons (toggle/hold) plus four bank unit selector for sliders. You can map all pads in different modes same you do with sliders.

quneo-editor.JPG
Lorri Bobar
yah sorry man i don't have traktor in front of me so i can't remember the name of the function - but it is for the toggling of the 1, 2, 3, 4 buttons on all 4 decks - that bit i don't know how to do it best on quneo :/
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by trux
i really don't like using pads to toggle fx units on decks, like on the ultimate maschine mapping. such a waste of pads! i'll toy around with it, but hoping to find a more intuitive/automatic system for that part.
I'm not familiar with maschine mapping but I believe we doesn'believe of the same. Let me make image...
Lorri Bobar
sure, but for the fx assignment on the mixer/per deck section is what i was meaning.

i'd like to first try setting it up to be more like a playable fx tool and see if i can avoid redundancies - i'll start doing a 1 page fx thing but may later incorporate it into a bigger ubermapping.

i really don't like using pads to toggle fx units on decks, like on the ultimate maschine mapping. such a waste of pads! i'll toy around with it, but hoping to find a more intuitive/automatic system for that part.
Kellie Myrum
Use each row of pads for each FX unit:

|inc|toggle on
|dec|hold on

Four buttons in upper left map as four banks and then use those modifier conditions to tell bottom four sliders which FX unit is currently controlled by Darth fader.
Lorri Bobar
good point. what do you believe is the best way to control the fx unit 1-4 on/off for the 4 decks?
Kellie Myrum
First thing I would do is to map those eight "arrow buttons" on left as selectors for eight pages of controls. I like the thought to push any controller's mapping potential to the max and this unit seems right tool for such creativity.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy