SERATO SLICER FOR TRAKTOR mapping - 90% complete - ADVANCED users help me to FIX IT

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: SERATO SLICER FOR TRAKTOR mapping - 90% complete - ADVANCED users help me to FIX ITReply
SERATO SLICER FOR TRAKTOR mapping - 90% complete - ADVANCED users help me to FIX IT
Posted on: 23.07.2013 by Adah Knochenmus
Hi there,

I saw a few months ago a video with Novation Twitch and "Slicer" mode in Serato Itch. I thought it will be integrated into last update of traktor but it wasnt (saw same mode on ipad app) so I decided to create a mapping for the same function into traktor and I can say I got it ! It moves in 8bar loop from start to +7 on each button. 90% of that is because it is not finished yet, because I foud a problem that in summary sounds bad when im using that slicer mode - check out mapping and you will understand what is that problem (jumping back and forward together suonds crappy - you will hear it).

All you need is

* EMPTY HOTCUE SLOT NUMBER 8
* 1 button to enter "SLICER" mode
* 8 different buttons for jumping

Can advanced users in mapping help me to fix this?? I made flux mode in traktor before it goes out so now want to do this also.

Mapping here: http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/44930605/file.html

Hope in some sucesfull solving answers form you guys (Ean can you help? )
Mira Sabia
Originally Posted by konszpic
Hi there,

I saw a few months ago a video with Novation Twitch and "Slicer" mode in Serato Itch. I thought it will be integrated into last update of traktor but it wasnt (saw same mode on ipad app) so I decided to create a mapping for the same function into traktor and I can say I got it ! It moves in 8bar loop from start to +7 on each button. 90% of that is because it is not finished yet, because I foud a problem that in summary sounds bad when im using that slicer mode - check out mapping and you will understand what is that problem (jumping back and forward together suonds crappy - you will hear it).

All you need is

Can advanced users in mapping help me to fix this?? I made flux mode in traktor before it goes out so now want to do this also.

What you're trying to accomplish isn't possible with Traktor on it's own. Frankly, this is an issue which has already been discussed extensively and was addressed in this article from a couple years ago.

http://www.djranking s.com/2011/11/0...heory-for-djs/

In short, Traktor can't read simultaneous beatjumps at the same time - so beatjumps 3, 5, 6, and 7 can't be done without an external midi translator (i.e. midipipe, bome's, etc.)

There are already mappings out there which accomplish what you're trying to do with midi pipe, but I'd go back and look at your mapping...you'll notice that beatjumps 3, 5, 6, and 7 don't actually work
Adah Knochenmus
Hi there,

All you need is

Kellie Myrum
I made a short video demonstrating this type of slicing in my BASE controller. Sorry for the video quality but I don't have any better camera right now to shoot with. Button act as following:

-7 | -5 | -4 | -3
+1 | +2 | +3 | +4
+5 | +6 | +7 | +8

Mira Sabia
Nice! Sounds like a great idea. Would be phenomenal if the DJTT guys could update the midi fighter firmware to allow for these kinds of things.
Adah Knochenmus
Thanks Stewe for your answers :-) i had mapping done with slicer as effect and editing effecct parameters with pad + waiting for freeze mode in traktor update
Kellie Myrum
I had an idea to try this out on my BASE controller since this pads can send one CC and one note massage by pressing them. It worked!

Damn it, now I need to rearrange my mapping.
Kellie Myrum
It's pretty simple mapping so it seems like Reloop did that fancy firmware too. There are only four beatjump commands I found in there.

Button 2: +1 beat
Button 3: +2 beats
Button 4: +3 beats (+1 and +2 combined)
Neoma Picklesimer
What about the Reloop Jockey 3 Remix?
Check the example here, at 2:10 mins to be precise:

I believe it does the same as the VCI-400 EGE but not sure if that's a firmware thingie or complexed mapping?

Stewe, could u look into the mapping to see if that's a good starting point?
U can find the mapping here: http://www.reloop.com/media/custom/u...0.13%20Win.zip

A whole lot of other cool stuff is happening, like stutter-effect using the pitch-fader, distorion-effect using the line-faders, a drama-sweep using the move-encoder knob, all inspirational tricks
Kellie Myrum
Only way to do this in Traktor is to map VCI-400 EGE which has a firmware that sends multiple events on a single button press.
Mira Sabia
Originally Posted by konszpic
Hi there,

All you need is

What you're trying to accomplish isn't possible with Traktor on it's own. Frankly, this is an issue which has already been discussed extensively and was addressed in this article from a couple years ago.

http://www.djranking s.com/2011/11/0...heory-for-djs/

In short, Traktor can't read simultaneous beatjumps at the same time - so beatjumps 3, 5, 6, and 7 can't be done without an external midi translator (i.e. midipipe, bome's, etc.)

There are already mappings out there which accomplish what you're trying to do with midi pipe, but I'd go back and look at your mapping...you'll notice that beatjumps 3, 5, 6, and 7 don't actually work
Kellie Myrum
Flashflooder's slicer mapping does drops a loop but only to keep track from running from certain position while you're messing with the beatslicer effect on top of it.

I'm pretty sure that "slicer 2" from your second vid still loops dedicated counts and creates this slices.
Julian Ispas
Thanks Stewe,

I looked up the "Serato Slicer" on youtube. *see video*

and in the video, the guys activated the 2nd level of Slicer. he calls it "slicer 2". in this mode it is pretty much the same as in the traktor video above. Can you agree with this?

Except the beatslicer in traktor creates much better effects, atleast to me I sounds better in traktor.

to mimic the traktor's slicer like the 1st video, it's pretty easy. i'm sure anyone can figure that out in 30 minutes.
Kellie Myrum
This is not serato slicer though. I believe the OP refer to multiple beatjumps in a single button press to achieve jumps 3,5,7 etc.
Adah Knochenmus
Thx for reply and i want to correct it - just want to make mapping like this one slicer from serato in 8bar loop:

http://youtu.be/ytM05o1wqhw?t=2m24s

Or we can wait for next update of traktor for its own slicer mode here:
http://youtu.be/xrgPQ045L1c?t=1m51s
Julian Ispas
hey, im starting to work with what you gave me.

just to make sure, we're on the same page. are you trying to mimick this function? *see video 4:25-4:55*
Julian Ispas
sweet, i will give this a shot.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy