Cue Type Selector

Cue Type Selector
Posted on: 26.09.2013 by Wenona Murro
Hey Guys, I am having trouble getting the Cue Type Selector to work correctly without using modifiers to a direct value.

When I map Cue Type Selector to a button > Inc or Dec the button press jumps from Cue to Loop. It never cycles through the rest of the cue types such as fade-in, fade-out, load etc. Normally I would tune the resolution down as it seems it is set to course, however this option is grayed out on this command.

I can achieve what I want with Button > Direct and modifiers but I need to save all the mods for other sections of the mapping I am currently working on.

Is this a bug, and has anyone had luck mapping without using a modifiers?
Rae Beachy
Originally Posted by Scoox
Yeah, right, except that you can only do M1==1 type comparisons. Greater than, less than, not equal to, etc are too convoluted to achieve in Traktor, and with only 8 modifiers and 8 values per modifier you quickly run out of options. In other words, modifiers are too valuable to squander on workarounds, so I hope they fix this one soon.

Right now the best option is to use Direct interaction mode or to map an encoder to this command.
Once you get used to how controller ranges work its really not too difficult to do a greater than, less than etc.

The conditional hot cue states also don't require a modifier.

By all means, keep complaining though.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by Scoox
Yeah, right, except that you can only do M1==1 type comparisons. Greater than, less than, not equal to, etc are too convoluted to achieve in Traktor, and with only 8 modifiers and 8 values per modifier you quickly run out of options. In other words, modifiers are too valuable to squander on workarounds, so I hope they fix this one soon.

Right now the best option is to use Direct interaction mode or to map an encoder to this command.
Well, hope we will not have a hair go fully gray before we see anything more than 8 modifiers allowed in Traktors. Though the extendend condition slots are even more valuable imho.

Traktor Pro 4 it is I guess...
Leoma Larouche
Originally Posted by Stewe
Elmoso made a good point here too. You can use a hotcue mod conditions to achieve this.

When cue > fade in
When fade in > fade out
When fade out > load
etc...

Wenona Murro
Hey Guys, I am having trouble getting the Cue Type Selector to work correctly without using modifiers to a direct value.

When I map Cue Type Selector to a button > Inc or Dec the button press jumps from Cue to Loop. It never cycles through the rest of the cue types such as fade-in, fade-out, load etc. Normally I would tune the resolution down as it seems it is set to course, however this option is grayed out on this command.

I can achieve what I want with Button > Direct and modifiers but I need to save all the mods for other sections of the mapping I am currently working on.

Is this a bug, and has anyone had luck mapping without using a modifiers?
Wenona Murro
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I figured this must be a known bug. I wonder if its fixed in 2.6.4?

Anyways, great idea to use Hotcue state mods!

Thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Elmoso made a good point here too. You can use a hotcue mod conditions to achieve this.

When cue > fade in
When fade in > fade out
When fade out > load
etc...
Kellie Myrum
It's known issue in NI community s. Can you attach another generic device to that mapping to bring another set of 8 modifiers?
Rae Beachy
Just had a look in Traktor, seems like a bug. Usually I would just use a modifier or the hotcue state conditions to do this kind of thing.

You really couldn't consolidate two modifiers into one somewhere?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy