Midi fighter mapping on other controllers?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Midi fighter mapping on other controllers?Reply
Midi fighter mapping on other controllers?
Posted on: 18.09.2013 by Illa Giesken
do midi fighter mappings work with every 16 pad controller ?
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by elmooso
Behringer CMD DC-1 has a mode that emulates a MIDIfighter without any need for tweaking.

As Stewe said any controller that can be reconfigured to the same midi assignments as a MIDIfighter can do this.

You may need Bomes midi translator to emulate the multiple CC faders of a Midi fighter pro mapping however.
The DC-1 controller has endless encoders instead of standard rotary pots where you cant specify all the values in between 0 and 127 to use a translators for things like MFpro's second CC (65-127) and both hidden note massages (0 and 127).

On other hand, the DC-1 pads have amazing 16 additional notes which become activated if you hold all four buttons in any 4x4 pad type button row. When it comes to IG mapping, I didn't test this but in theory you can use all the focus, effect presets and activators but not all of the supercombos (just #2 and #1 partly) because the MF treat massaging in different order. Still I believe this controller has much mapping potential - too bad it's for beginners
Illa Giesken
do midi fighter mappings work with every 16 pad controller ?
Rae Beachy
[QUOTE=Stewe;652416]The DC-1 controller has endless encoders instead of standard rotary pots where you cant specify all the values in between 0 and 127 to use a translators for things like MFpro's second CC (65-127) and both hidden note massages (0 and 127).

Didn't realize that, thought they were pots for some reason. Good catch.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by elmooso
Behringer CMD DC-1 has a mode that emulates a MIDIfighter without any need for tweaking.

As Stewe said any controller that can be reconfigured to the same midi assignments as a MIDIfighter can do this.

You may need Bomes midi translator to emulate the multiple CC faders of a Midi fighter pro mapping however.
The DC-1 controller has endless encoders instead of standard rotary pots where you cant specify all the values in between 0 and 127 to use a translators for things like MFpro's second CC (65-127) and both hidden note massages (0 and 127).

On other hand, the DC-1 pads have amazing 16 additional notes which become activated if you hold all four buttons in any 4x4 pad type button row. When it comes to IG mapping, I didn't test this but in theory you can use all the focus, effect presets and activators but not all of the supercombos (just #2 and #1 partly) because the MF treat massaging in different order. Still I believe this controller has much mapping potential - too bad it's for beginners
Rae Beachy

Kellie Myrum
Well this should be possible as long as your controller can be tweaked to send same button note assignments as a MIDIfighter.
Armando Waithour
nope. as i know the mf sends more than 16 midi notes when pressing the combo buttons. but there are plenty of mappings solving this by modifiers. so you can download one of these mappings and transcribe it for your controller.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy