Traktor EQ mapping

Traktor EQ mapping
Posted on: 05.10.2013 by Shemeka Moriyama
Hi everyone,
I own a Hercules mk4. Not the fanciest controller, but I've made it work with some creative MIDI mapping. I just upgraded to Traktor 2.6.4 and am remapping my controller from scratch. I want to be able to utilized the EQ pots on my controller to do multiple things depending on a modifier button, (Deck AB EQ, Deck CD EQ, FX parameters). Is there any sort of mapping function in Traktor, which would let me edit one of these controls, switch to another, and when I went back to the previous control not be able to affect it UNTIL my controllers pots have been placed or "normalled" back in the position that Traktor has registered. For example: I've cut the mids on deck A with my middle EQ knob to about 9 o clock, I switch over to my FX parameters and tweak that same middle knob until the effect is at 3 o clock. When I go back to the EQ for deck A, the only way I can move my mid EQ to a different position is if I "normal" the pot back to 9 o clock and start from there.
Has anyone ever needed this functionality and could tell me how to effectively map it out with my controller?
Shemeka Moriyama
Hi everyone,
I own a Hercules mk4. Not the fanciest controller, but I've made it work with some creative MIDI mapping. I just upgraded to Traktor 2.6.4 and am remapping my controller from scratch. I want to be able to utilized the EQ pots on my controller to do multiple things depending on a modifier button, (Deck AB EQ, Deck CD EQ, FX parameters). Is there any sort of mapping function in Traktor, which would let me edit one of these controls, switch to another, and when I went back to the previous control not be able to affect it UNTIL my controllers pots have been placed or "normalled" back in the position that Traktor has registered. For example: I've cut the mids on deck A with my middle EQ knob to about 9 o clock, I switch over to my FX parameters and tweak that same middle knob until the effect is at 3 o clock. When I go back to the EQ for deck A, the only way I can move my mid EQ to a different position is if I "normal" the pot back to 9 o clock and start from there.
Has anyone ever needed this functionality and could tell me how to effectively map it out with my controller?
Rhonda Auriemma
That function is called soft takeover and can be found in the fader/knob settings at the bottom.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy