Can you map a specific BPM to a key in Traktor?

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Can you map a specific BPM to a key in Traktor?Reply
Can you map a specific BPM to a key in Traktor?
Posted on: 28.10.2013 by Ilda Naude
I'm looking to map specific BPM values to a specific keys in traktor. Is this possible?

Example: I want to to press button A to set the focus deck to 128 and button B to set the focus deck to BPM 132 etc.

So far I can only figure out how to go up and down by %. I'd like to have more precise control in some cases.

Thanks in advance for any responses/help.
Ilda Naude
I'm looking to map specific BPM values to a specific keys in traktor. Is this possible?

Example: I want to to press button A to set the focus deck to 128 and button B to set the focus deck to BPM 132 etc.

So far I can only figure out how to go up and down by %. I'd like to have more precise control in some cases.

Thanks in advance for any responses/help.
Ilda Naude
I ended up just mapping a button to "Tempo Sync". This at least gets the BPMs matching while NOT effecting phase so I can do that part manually.

I do plan on trying the relative fader mode trick as you suggest when I get a minute.
Kellie Myrum
There is a trick for fine tempo adjustments that's putting your tempo command in to a relative fader mode. Basically this mode will bring up the sensitivity bar where you can decrease the value until you have good relation between a BPM value and a fader movement. I'm using a shift (modifier) to switch my direct fader mode and access BPM fine in a shift layer in my mappings.

Direct deck BPM value isn't mappable as I believe I said before. And even if it was, NI would need to work on better relative modifier to fader adaptation so we could even believe about that.
Ilda Naude
Thanks for the response, Stewe. I'm glad to at least know this isn't possible, so I can stop looking.

As for syncing to the Master clock, I was originally wanting to do this to get away from using sync entirely.

I wanted to get the BPM of each track set and then match the phase up mannually. Syncing tends to get the tempo fader on my controller stuck... not to mention, i'm trying to keep my ears sharp by matching psydo manually when possible.

I have a ddj-t1 and it's hard to get the tempo slider on the exact BPM (rounded two decimal places) quickly even when the tempo range is at it's smallest.

My other option would be a way to move my tempo slider so that it only went up by exactly 1 (using round numbers only)... that's not possible by any chance, is it?
Kellie Myrum
The 'Set BPM' comes with a group of track grid commands... The command you're searching for doesn't exist in Traktor ATM. However, if you switch your sync to master clock you'd be able to set a direct BPM value (using a command) and then sync your track to the master BPM before switching back to deck master mode.
Ilda Naude
So far all I've been able to find that's close to this is 'set bpm'. The problem with this is that it actuall sets the BPM of the track to X in your collection as well. That means I have to set it back or re-analize the track later... so that won't work.

Anyone?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy