Filter Fader fx on traktor pro2

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Filter Fader fx on traktor pro2Reply
Filter Fader fx on traktor pro2
Posted on: 11.11.2013 by Lillie Resue
Can anyone help me put together a mapping on traktor for the filter fader fx that is on the DDJ-SB
Gudrun Ferniza
Originally Posted by Stewe
Here's the video

Think I'll release a full MM-1 mapping with this functionality.
Where can I find this mapping?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I believe I see what they did now the two bottom lines are lowpass, I don't really believe it's necessary to do that as you get better control combining it's use with the eq... but anyway this is something I would never use as I prefer independent control of my channels, but it was a fun learning exercise

filterFadeHighLow2.jpg
Kellie Myrum
Difference is that my filters start to kick in at 0.5 and goes full at the center position. I've also seen only a promo video of a DDJ-SB and it sounded that filter goes full on when he reaches the half when he got slam it to the right.

filterFade.jpg

Though the Pio filter goes full HP but seems that he also got some other LP or little something at the end (center). Maybe a Peak filter.

Good thing with Traktor is that you can combine more effects to kinda color the filters some or that you can basically combine any available effect in this Crossfader FX concept..
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by synthet1c
this should do it for the crossfader

add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=1) -> type('encoder') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(300%);
add in -> knob 1 -> condition(M3=1, M4=0) -> type('fader/knob') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(145%);
add in -> knob 1 -> condition(M3=1, M4=7) -> type('fader/knob') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(145%);

button to set a shift to activate it
add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
add in -> effect 1 select -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value('filter');
add in -> effect 1 select -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value('filter');
add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
Nice one mate. Close enough

next step would be assign the fader to preset value 0.5 when you move the fader from far left and set filter in relative mode so it reaches maximum value at Xfader center. Don't forget to set another command which keeps max value of the filter as long as your fader is anywhere in between the center and your far right end. That's for deck A.
Lillie Resue
Can anyone help me put together a mapping on traktor for the filter fader fx that is on the DDJ-SB
Gudrun Ferniza
Originally Posted by Stewe
Here's the video

Where can I find this mapping?
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I believe I see what they did now the two bottom lines are lowpass, I don't really believe it's necessary to do that as you get better control combining it's use with the eq... but anyway this is something I would never use as I prefer independent control of my channels, but it was a fun learning exercise

filterFadeHighLow2.jpg
Kellie Myrum
Difference is that my filters start to kick in at 0.5 and goes full at the center position. I've also seen only a promo video of a DDJ-SB and it sounded that filter goes full on when he reaches the half when he got slam it to the right.

filterFade.jpg

Though the Pio filter goes full HP but seems that he also got some other LP or little something at the end (center). Maybe a Peak filter.

Good thing with Traktor is that you can combine more effects to kinda color the filters some or that you can basically combine any available effect in this Crossfader FX concept..
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
I can't figure out how you set it out bro... I believe mine follows the crossfader curve more naturally lowering the volume from the center towards the opposite deck, you seem to decrease from the same side but still have full volume in the center. here's a diagram of mine. there is a blank one in the attachments if you want to do the same.

Kellie Myrum
Here's the video

Jonathan Chiuchiolo
you need to activate and de-activate it with the crossfader in the middle to avoid any conflicts on the first run... after that it should work fine. I don't know of any way to query the position of the crossfader accept for setting up another full range modifier and monitoring that in the second condition of the button, but thats a pain in the arse without the use of a simple script sintax, and it would just be better to activate in the middle imo.

I changed it a bit, now instead of deactivating the crossfader completely it just disables deck a & b but the fader will still move. I wanted to query whether there was 2 or 4 effect slots visible is that possible. Or can you use slots 3 & 4 without seeing them on screen?
Kellie Myrum
Tried it out. Not quite what I have in mind. Your deck B filter isn't supposed to kick in at 0% and this basically set up only deck A. User should be able to smoothly transition A > B and back to A without catching a low pass range.

Will do a vid later and post a .tsi
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
done... writing like that is a pain in the arse... here is the tsi it is using effect slots one and two, it will load the slots, and toggle the effects on and off at the appropriate times. if M3=0 it will just be a crossfader.

check the comments, if it says knb-something learn that to the crossfader, if it says btn-something learn that to the button. You may need to add a led which responds to M3=1
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by synthet1c

add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=1) -> type('encoder') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(300%);
add in -> knob 1 -> condition(M3=1, M4=0) -> type('fader/knob') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(145%);
add in -> knob 1 -> condition(M3=1, M4=7) -> type('fader/knob') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('relative') -> sensitivity(145%);

add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
add in -> modifier 4 -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
add in -> effect 1 select -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value('filter');
add in -> effect 1 select -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value('filter');
add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=0) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value(1);
add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 1') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
add in -> unit on -> condition(M3=1) -> type('button') -> assignment('slot 2') -> interaction('direct') -> value(0);
Nice one mate. Close enough

next step would be assign the fader to preset value 0.5 when you move the fader from far left and set filter in relative mode so it reaches maximum value at Xfader center. Don't forget to set another command which keeps max value of the filter as long as your fader is anywhere in between the center and your far right end. That's for deck A.
Jonathan Chiuchiolo

Jetta Drenzek
I haven't seen a video which gives a comprehensive view of exactly how it works, but from what I have seen displayed, it's basically exactly like a usual x-fader but it just applies a high-pass filter to the track as you blend right? If so then what I posted should do just that, assuming you already have the cross fader set to act like a standard crossfader.

Like I said, it was a vague description which pointed out the basic direction that anyone with a small amount of knowledge on Traktor's mapping system should understand, and if a step-by-step is needed then I will point one out.

Unless I've completely misunderstood how the filter fader works? If so can you show me a video that demonstrates it?
Kellie Myrum
Hey Sambo,

You absolutely sure that what you've posted should work exactly the same as SB?
Jetta Drenzek
EDIT: I'm an absolute idiot, I didn't realise it worked on the X-fader and just assumed it was a volume fader effect.

Okay just pick a button as the 'On' switch, make this set a modifier to 1, also reset both A and B filters to neutral and also turn them on.

Then you want to map both A and B filters to the crossfader, but invert one so that it works in the opposite direction (probably B's) and voila, done.

If you need a step-by-step, just holla at me and I'll write one up when I get the chance.

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy