Remapping a Custom Map

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Remapping a Custom MapReply
Remapping a Custom Map
Posted on: 25.11.2013 by Gaynell Rydberg
So I just got my Zomo MC-1000 with mdc's mapping, but the Super FX doesn't seem to be working properly. It is supposed to be armyofme's build up/drama FX, which uses ice verb, delay, reverb, and filter. Instead, mine pulls up some other FX, I don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but it doesn't sound good.

Is there an easy way for me to find the specific commands that are calling up the FX types and just replace them with the FX I want? I am having trouble finding them in the mapping editor since there are so many modifiers.

I have no clue what midi signal each button is either.
Gaynell Rydberg
So I just got my Zomo MC-1000 with mdc's mapping, but the Super FX doesn't seem to be working properly. It is supposed to be armyofme's build up/drama FX, which uses ice verb, delay, reverb, and filter. Instead, mine pulls up some other FX, I don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but it doesn't sound good.

Is there an easy way for me to find the specific commands that are calling up the FX types and just replace them with the FX I want? I am having trouble finding them in the mapping editor since there are so many modifiers.

I have no clue what midi signal each button is either.
Kellie Myrum
Uncheck "restore parameters when switching FX" under preferences > effects.
Gaynell Rydberg
Ahhh. I see now.. Yea I just saw the Reloop Contour had a Super FX knob which IS properly mapped...

Finally found the settings, works now! Thanks Stewe!!!
Kellie Myrum
Nope. If you change it to suit for one mapping that your second mapping will be in mess. Only way to accomplish this is to manually reassign all the effect selector commands manually within the mapping itself.
Gaynell Rydberg
Ahhhh... I see. So if I just change the order of the FX to the ones I want, it'll work right?
Kellie Myrum
Yup, that matters big time. Thing is with list of effects and order that all effects are listed. Meaning your effect selector commands are assigned to select and load effect from a specific value/position. So, if for example one mapping has stored delay effect associated with certain command and you load completely different map with changed order in effect list then your controller will remember the path where your delay was but this time it'll load some other effect that is positioned in same slot where your delay effect was before.
Gaynell Rydberg
I have imported effect settings from the Reloop Contour mapping.

Does that even matter though?

The effects are toggled when I pressed a button. When I press FX ON, FX1 is set to something, FX2 is set to something, FX3 is set to something. When I turn FX OFF, then FX1, FX2, FX3 revert back to another set of effects.
Kellie Myrum
That mapping didn't seem to come with effect settings then... Makes me believe that mapping uses default effect set (factory setting). You have imported some other mapping and effects before? Could be the reason for miss match in effect list.
Gaynell Rydberg
Oh, I remember why I didn't want to do that.

I am using two controllers. If I import the Zomo mapping using hte button, then it gets rid of my other mapping :|

edit: just imported with the button. I believe the mapping is just flawed.

There's no effect settings.
Kellie Myrum
Correct, it would always overwrite any already installed mappings and settings (if you check them ofc). But once you have your mapping up and running you can use an import option under device drop menu to add any other controller mappings to the list without rewriting them all.
Gaynell Rydberg
Ahh okay.

Last time I used that it rewrote all my other settings which annoyed me :| I'll try it again!
Kellie Myrum
I believe that you meant to say controller manager? Anyways, you should not use device menu drop down because that way you shouldn't be able to import all necessary effect settings that comes with mapping! As I mentioned, take a look at the bottom of the preferences window and check out import button right next to export one. Make sure that 'effect settings' box is marked in the next step. Repeat this process twice since Traktor needs another importing to successfully accomplish importing effect setup - silly Traktor bug
Gaynell Rydberg
Uhh, not sure what you're asking Stewe.

I imported the mapping using the controller editor and going into the dropdown box.
Kellie Myrum
Imported twice using large import button in the bottom of preferences?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy