Traktor Z2 EQ switch function

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Traktor Z2 EQ switch functionReply
Traktor Z2 EQ switch function
Posted on: 26.11.2013 by Cassidy Galindez
Hey guys

My setup is the Z2, an F1 and 2 DenonSC2000s. I currently have a few custom mappings in this that I like, but I wish I could switch the EQ/Filters.

I tried looking up how to accomplish it and this is much more complex than my simple effects mappings, so I was hoping to get some help.

I want to try and find a way to map it so that when I press the a/c or b/d deck switch buttons [above the hot cues], it switches the EQ and Filter from a->c and b->d. I found a link through google, but the guy didn't really speak english and it came across about as well as Greek would have.

I found another mapping on the midi maps section of the site, but it comes with a lot more stuff than what I am looking for, and I can't figure out how to turn off all of the extra things/preserve my already-in-use mappings.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks
Cassidy Galindez
Hey guys

My setup is the Z2, an F1 and 2 DenonSC2000s. I currently have a few custom mappings in this that I like, but I wish I could switch the EQ/Filters.

I tried looking up how to accomplish it and this is much more complex than my simple effects mappings, so I was hoping to get some help.

I want to try and find a way to map it so that when I press the a/c or b/d deck switch buttons [above the hot cues], it switches the EQ and Filter from a->c and b->d. I found a link through google, but the guy didn't really speak english and it came across about as well as Greek would have.

I found another mapping on the midi maps section of the site, but it comes with a lot more stuff than what I am looking for, and I can't figure out how to turn off all of the extra things/preserve my already-in-use mappings.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks
Kellie Myrum
Hey, it looks there are two modifiers involved in those deck buttons. You'll need modifier basics to get this sorted.

Press your a/c buttons and check your modifier display to find which modifier is mapped so you can know both of values that modifier is toggling by switching from a to c. Other way to find correct values is by tracking hotcue commands - look for any of deck a cues (set/store hotcue) and check modifier condition slot (there's only two of them). If both slots are assigned by modifiers this mean that one modifier is dealing with deck selection and second one is actually a shift button mod.

Note that your a and b filter and EQ are not assigned by any modifiers jet. Locate this commands and dedicate a respective modifier value to both group a and c knobs.

Assuming this buttons toggle values 0 (button a) and 1 (button c) giving an example for filter but you should set same values to your EQ commands:

Filter adjust / assigned to deck A / modifier condition M1=0
Filter adjust / assigned to deck C / modifier condition M1=1

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy