Mapping issue with a drum pad

Home :: Post and find Controller Mappings :: Mapping issue with a drum padReply
Mapping issue with a drum pad
Posted on: 10.12.2013 by Ailene Dreith
Hello ! i hope i post in the right place i'm new on DJTT
so here's my problem : i recently bought a sixtapad (kinda like the Octapad from roland but less cool and less expensive) I tried to map it to the remix deck on traktor so I could play some samples, drum sound ect
but when it comes to choose the "Interaction Mode" I only have "Hold" (with button as type of controller I don't have any other choice)
I would like it to toggle or something like that i can't hold a drumpad with a drumstick I would look stupid
I have a few experience in mapping so I don't believe it's something stupid like not well plugged or something
so I hope you guys understood what i mean (i'm french )
I can do a screenshot if you need
thank in advance
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by synthet1c
the Complicated way would be to make the CC control one of your modifiers and divide it into 8 segments.
That would work but only for the first time being... Next time you import the file value goes in total mess. Wish NI worked on better integration about that one, but again how many people you know who would use that modifier setup
Ailene Dreith
Hello ! i hope i post in the right place i'm new on DJTT
so here's my problem : i recently bought a sixtapad (kinda like the Octapad from roland but less cool and less expensive) I tried to map it to the remix deck on traktor so I could play some samples, drum sound ect
but when it comes to choose the "Interaction Mode" I only have "Hold" (with button as type of controller I don't have any other choice)
I would like it to toggle or something like that i can't hold a drumpad with a drumstick I would look stupid
I have a few experience in mapping so I don't believe it's something stupid like not well plugged or something
so I hope you guys understood what i mean (i'm french )
I can do a screenshot if you need
thank in advance
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
you should just be able to specify a value like in VDJ then you wouldn't need to use unreliable workarounds... It wouldn't be hard to implement but would be invaluable for some of the more indepth mappers to make things like macro knobs easy.
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by synthet1c
the Complicated way would be to make the CC control one of your modifiers and divide it into 8 segments.
That would work but only for the first time being... Next time you import the file value goes in total mess. Wish NI worked on better integration about that one, but again how many people you know who would use that modifier setup
Ailene Dreith
hello ! just found out it isn't my drumpad the problem, you only have hold for samples decks
I don't know how to explain that
when I assign my LPD8 for example to "sample deck slot 1 cell 1" i press the pad the sample play,
but when I do that with the drumpad I tap a pad the sample play but won't play again !
in the mean time when I assign a a pad of the sixta pad to "play" it works perfectly : i tap the pad it play I tap again it pauses
hope you understood
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
you should check what messages your getting from the pads either in the manual or midi-ox.

If it sends a note on/off and a CC for the pressure then you could drum with it, if it only sends a CC that responds to the pressure and will go back down when you release it, that means you can't drum with the pressure sensitivity controlling the volume as it will only play for a split second without a complicated workaround.

If you get lucky and it's like an mpd's trigger and doesn't allow the CC to decrease when released then you could use it like a drum, but it's unlikely due to the nature of your post.

the Complicated way would be to make the CC control one of your modifiers and divide it into 8 segments. the next bit would require you to set a shift when the CC is pressed. then map the pad to volume with the condition that if the modifier is higher than it is set it shouldn't control the sampler volume anymore. When the CC hits 0 you should reset your modifier. I did it in VDJ a while ago and it worked pretty well, although I had more precise control over the slices. There is no way I could be bothered to do it in traktor as it would simply take too long to map, but if you follow the same principal you should be able to get it to work.

the first step you should take is find out what messages you have to work with as you may not need to go down the complicated route.
Kellie Myrum
Hey thaum,

Hold button should also send a note on and a note off same as toggle mode button. Did you make sure to change slot play mode to "looped" ?

<< Back to Post and find Controller MappingsReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy