technics 1200 tempo/power question

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: technics 1200 tempo/power questionReply
technics 1200 tempo/power question
Posted on: 02.07.2013 by Lorri Bobar
hey guys, i'm new to turntables/DVS and would like your help with something i've noticed on my decks.

if i have turntable A playing, it holds true with little fluctuation (.01 bpm and stuff)
if i stop that and play turntable B, same again. both with strong timecode signal.

if i have both playing together - they both pulse up and down about 5bpm every second.

i have them plugged in to the s4. both TTs and the S4 are running on their own power strip.

also, its been really hot in my apartment the last few days, so i don't know if it is my laptop slowly suffering (it was regularly reaching peak in traktor) but the pulses were happening to both tt's at the same time, and they were just fine if only one was running... also, it didn't make a difference if the 'tempo reset to zero' button on the tt's was enabled or not.

they are both technics 1200 m3ds with shure m447s... running an older mbp with traktor 2.6.1.

ideas?
Lorri Bobar
hey guys, i'm new to turntables/DVS and would like your help with something i've noticed on my decks.

if i have turntable A playing, it holds true with little fluctuation (.01 bpm and stuff)
if i stop that and play turntable B, same again. both with strong timecode signal.

if i have both playing together - they both pulse up and down about 5bpm every second.

i have them plugged in to the s4. both TTs and the S4 are running on their own power strip.

also, its been really hot in my apartment the last few days, so i don't know if it is my laptop slowly suffering (it was regularly reaching peak in traktor) but the pulses were happening to both tt's at the same time, and they were just fine if only one was running... also, it didn't make a difference if the 'tempo reset to zero' button on the tt's was enabled or not.

they are both technics 1200 m3ds with shure m447s... running an older mbp with traktor 2.6.1.

ideas?
Lorri Bobar
i shall try that, thanks makar.

the best/most workable result i've come up with is 44.1khz @ 512, givng a latency of 17.5ms. not nearly as good as i had before i went traktor scratch. traktor software idles around 33% cpu, and goes up to 90% if i have 2 decks playing timecode. i can still do hours of stuff without it dropping out, but it does make my laptop run pretty hot.
Alphonso Deitchman
Disable the Traktor Limiter and increase your Headroom if you believe the S4 sound card sounds bad.
Federico Vilas
15ms on a Mac seems pretty high???
Lorri Bobar
mac osx 10.7.5, macbook pro mid 2009. running traktor on the s4 soundcard - i was using 48khz @ 256 and getting around 10ms latency, now i've put it to 41.1khz @ 320 and it looked to be about 15ms latency.

the s4 soundcard to my ears sounds really bad. i have it running unbalanced to my main soundcard/direct monitoring to my speakers at the moment and it is very very crackly. i will try TRS cables toevening .
Emelina Chillson
Are you running a windows or mac? What are your system specs?
Lorri Bobar
hey thanks guys, i tried it this morning for a bit and changing the latency looks like it helped. i will put it thru the paces toevening and see if it goes better. cheers for your help.
Emelina Chillson
Latency. Try turning up your latency and see if it fixes the issue.
Brunilda Kora
Yup. Sounds to me like there absolutely nothing wrong with the turntables - definitely a latency issue.
Ira Alsadi
Def sounds like a latency issue with your laptop.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy