Anyone using CDJ's with Traktor Scratch via Timecode?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Anyone using CDJ's with Traktor Scratch via Timecode?Reply
Anyone using CDJ's with Traktor Scratch via Timecode?
Posted on: 28.06.2013 by Adrian Zadrozny
How is it? Have an A-10 and getting bored with just my X1 at the moment. Was on 2.6.0 on OSX 10.6.8 (Yes, I'm an old Snow Leopard dinosaur) however I found it to be buggy and reverted back to 2.5.1 today. Have a DJM-850 at home and typically just use the built in soundcard on the mixer at home. About half the clubs that I play in here (Charlotte) are still rocking an older setup (DJM 800 & 1000's), so running HID and using the internal soundcard in the mixer (DJM 850, 900, 2000) isn't always an option.

Seeing that half the time I have to lug around my soundcard anyway, I am believeing about picking up the scratch upgrade and discs and running the clubs CDJ's. Some friends of mine have 2000's so I'm familiar with CDJ's, however I've only used them in native and HID mode. Never used timecode.

My question is. How good is it? Is it worth it? Am I wasting my time? The plan was to pick up a cheap older pair of decks later down the road to have at home. All insight appreciated
Adrian Zadrozny
Originally Posted by lourma
I have CDJ-400
John Aird
I have CDJ-400
Tesha Freudenstein
Originally Posted by makar1
Timecode CD isn't that great as you no longer have a functioning Cue button, but it's better than nothing if you want jog wheels available.

Try cueing in tracks on the CDJ 2000 in vinyl mode without using the Cue button and you should get a good idea of what timecode is like.
only if you use relative mode though.
Adrian Zadrozny
I have CDJ-400
Hellen Mindrup
Timecode CD isn't that great as you no longer have a functioning Cue button, but it's better than nothing if you want jog wheels available.

Try cueing in tracks on the CDJ 2000 in vinyl mode without using the Cue button and you should get a good idea of what timecode is like.
Very true, I caught myself just pausing the track at my normal manual cue points lol.
John Aird
I have CDJ-400
Adrian Zadrozny
How is it? Have an A-10 and getting bored with just my X1 at the moment. Was on 2.6.0 on OSX 10.6.8 (Yes, I'm an old Snow Leopard dinosaur) however I found it to be buggy and reverted back to 2.5.1 today. Have a DJM-850 at home and typically just use the built in soundcard on the mixer at home. About half the clubs that I play in here (Charlotte) are still rocking an older setup (DJM 800 & 1000's), so running HID and using the internal soundcard in the mixer (DJM 850, 900, 2000) isn't always an option.

Seeing that half the time I have to lug around my soundcard anyway, I am believeing about picking up the scratch upgrade and discs and running the clubs CDJ's. Some friends of mine have 2000's so I'm familiar with CDJ's, however I've only used them in native and HID mode. Never used timecode.

My question is. How good is it? Is it worth it? Am I wasting my time? The plan was to pick up a cheap older pair of decks later down the road to have at home. All insight appreciated
Adrian Zadrozny
Thanks for the insight guys!
Dannie Dimora
I feel timecode on cdj's is the most useless thing in the world. digital-audio-digital-audio-digital-track control-audio.
Unnecessary to say the least.
Jenna Skeem
the not having a cue button functionality is understandable, however if you have an x1 just use your regular cue points as your cue, works absaloutley fine been using timecode CD's/Vinyl for over a year playing out at least twice a week
Emelina Chillson
traktor switches from absolute to relative once a hotcue, loop, or flux is engaged. At least it does on my end.
Alphonso Deitchman
By definition you cannot use hotcues, loops, or any Traktor transport control when using Absolute timecode. Otherwise it wouldn't be absolute.
Emelina Chillson
this is not true. If you have your timecode set to switch to absolute mode on lead in and set your autocue for the beginning of track two on the timecode cd then when you hit the cue button it returnsback to the beginning. I will experiment more and post a video in about 20 minutes.
Alphonso Deitchman
If you use Absolute mode that rules out using any Traktor cuepoints/loops.
Tesha Freudenstein

only if you use relative mode though.
Emelina Chillson
I see people post the cue button issue all the time, but I use timecode cd's every tuesday and for my third deck at home. On 900s, 1000mk2's, and my 800 I have never had this issue. Do you have autocue enable so that the cue point is always at the begginning of track two? If not then there in lays your problem. I go nuts tapping the cue buttons.

The only beef Ive had with timecode cd's is when forget to ensure master tempo isnt clicked on the cdj.
Adrian Zadrozny
I have CDJ-400
Hellen Mindrup

Very true, I caught myself just pausing the track at my normal manual cue points lol.
Wilson Durrum
What clubs do you spin at in Charlotte? I live in Charlotte too.
Alphonso Deitchman

John Aird
I have CDJ-400

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy