Which decks should i choose?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Which decks should i choose?Reply
Which decks should i choose?
Posted on: 28.06.2013 by Evita Quiroz
Hello everyone on DJTT!

I want to take my DJing "to the next step" with the new gear . But is ambivalent about what to choose and what should suit me best.

My current setup
DDJ-T1 and Traktor Pro with my Macbook Pro
Gaming headphone
Standing up against my wall in the kitchen
HiFi speakers

Requests for money were not a problem
CDJ-2000 and DJM-Nexus 2000 Nexus
V-Moda Crossfade LP "
Built DJ Booth in the living room
genelec 8010

The problem is I have no idea how much money whatsoever but has a permanent job shooting plus a little as it is possible to save up for anything, but the question is whether it is worth it or if it's just me who is interested in technology and want it "best"

What I do not want is TC with Audio 8 and my computer with cdj 800 for example.

So as I understand it is my choice

CDJ-400 and DJM 400
or
CDJ 900 and DJM 400/800/850/900/2000
or
CDJ 2000 DJM 400/800/850/900/2000
or
CDJ 2000 and DJM Nexus 400/800/850/900/2000

What would you recommend if I want to move on in my DJ playing?
What do you get the best experience / Functionality for the lowest price?

Since the speaker ..
What do you recommend? I'm living in a apartment so i can not have to much bass ..
Having looked at the KRK Rokit 5, is it good?

Since headphones .. What do you recommend?
Looked at:
HD25
V-Moda Crossfade
HDJ 1000/2000
Beats Mixxr

With my current setup, what do you believe I should buy first? What do most development from DDJ-T1 to get as close to the evening club gigs as possible?

Sorry for all the questions, answer as many as you can!

PS do not use the CD, would like to have as clear a waveform as possible.

Thanks in advance
/Niklas
Evita Quiroz
Originally Posted by M.Beijer
hey there,

what you currently have is what gives you "best function" for the money since you dont play cds. you better tell us what you want to do different if you want some proper feedback. I would perhaps start off with putting money on new headphones!
For starters i dont like that I cant see if the output volym is green, yellow or red and that it's so plastic.
I believe i want the feeling more then i miss any funktions but yeah some of the things on the cdj 900-2000 would be nice. Like rekordbox for cueing and that on the phone.

But I'm afraid that it's just my "thing" for expensive new toys.. And not that i realy miss something.

Do I get something more by choosing cdj400/900 instead of sticking to the ddj-t1?

What phones do you recommend?
Evita Quiroz
Hello everyone on DJTT!

I want to take my DJing "to the next step" with the new gear . But is ambivalent about what to choose and what should suit me best.

My current setup
DDJ-T1 and Traktor Pro with my Macbook Pro
Gaming headphone
Standing up against my wall in the kitchen
HiFi speakers

Requests for money were not a problem
CDJ-2000 and DJM-Nexus 2000 Nexus
V-Moda Crossfade LP "
Built DJ Booth in the living room
genelec 8010

The problem is I have no idea how much money whatsoever but has a permanent job shooting plus a little as it is possible to save up for anything, but the question is whether it is worth it or if it's just me who is interested in technology and want it "best"

What I do not want is TC with Audio 8 and my computer with cdj 800 for example.

So as I understand it is my choice

CDJ-400 and DJM 400
or
CDJ 900 and DJM 400/800/850/900/2000
or
CDJ 2000 DJM 400/800/850/900/2000
or
CDJ 2000 and DJM Nexus 400/800/850/900/2000

What would you recommend if I want to move on in my DJ playing?
What do you get the best experience / Functionality for the lowest price?

Since the speaker ..
What do you recommend? I'm living in a apartment so i can not have to much bass ..
Having looked at the KRK Rokit 5, is it good?

Since headphones .. What do you recommend?
Looked at:
HD25
V-Moda Crossfade
HDJ 1000/2000
Beats Mixxr

With my current setup, what do you believe I should buy first? What do most development from DDJ-T1 to get as close to the evening club gigs as possible?

Sorry for all the questions, answer as many as you can!

PS do not use the CD, would like to have as clear a waveform as possible.

Thanks in advance
/Niklas
Jonathan Chiuchiolo
DDJ-SX, you will be able to dip your foot into high quality dj gear with a similar feel and style to pioneers heavyweights for about an eighth of the price of your ideal setup you mentioned.

And get the HD25's best headphones I have ever had, HDJ1000's are the worst.

Speaker wise I would go for the 6 inch, it should give you a more full sound while not adding too much bass, but they will fill a room with enough sound to practice with. My brand preference is mackie as they have a better sound than the rockit's to my ears and are the same price
Rufus Ondrick
i agree with johney, if you're gonna be using mainly traktor i wouldnt get CDJ's as they would be very expensive controllers. they're best used without software to take advantage of all their features, well in my opinion anyway
Augustine Mitzen
get some controller with the platter, what's the point of getting CDJ's when you're going to be using them as controllers anyway?
Alphonso Deitchman
Go for Hifi speakers with a separate amplifier if you want decent at-home performance at a low price.

You can't get much clearer waveforms than those on Traktor. If you want VU meters (green/yellow/red) you could take a look at the DDJ-SX?
Evita Quiroz
Originally Posted by M.Beijer
hey there,

what you currently have is what gives you "best function" for the money since you dont play cds. you better tell us what you want to do different if you want some proper feedback. I would perhaps start off with putting money on new headphones!
For starters i dont like that I cant see if the output volym is green, yellow or red and that it's so plastic.
I believe i want the feeling more then i miss any funktions but yeah some of the things on the cdj 900-2000 would be nice. Like rekordbox for cueing and that on the phone.

But I'm afraid that it's just my "thing" for expensive new toys.. And not that i realy miss something.

Do I get something more by choosing cdj400/900 instead of sticking to the ddj-t1?

What phones do you recommend?
Mimi Mahaffee
hey there,

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy