flight case for stanton 150's? and a z2?

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: flight case for stanton 150's? and a z2?Reply
flight case for stanton 150's? and a z2?
Posted on: 12.06.2013 by Rufus Ondrick
My cousins wedding is coming up this july and he wanted me to dj for him and he wanted me to bring my tt's instead of my little mc3000 that i usually bring, my issue is have no clue what kind of flight case i need to get that will fit my tables and mixer. does anyone know a specific flight case that would fit a z2 and stanton 150? would a tech 1200 flight case work for the tables? i have never owned techs before so i didnt have to buy flight cases and my mc3000 fits nice and snug on my bag so i never had to buy a case for it as well.

Thanks!
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by dj_adm
Such a nice setup!

Also, a warning for Stanton owners:

DO NOT GET A COFFIN CASE WITH STANTON ST150!

They are heavy. Like...25kg heavy! Get individual flight cases.
technics aren't light either
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by papo
do you mind posting a few pics of how it looks in this case? just purchased a Z2 and looking into some cases.

not sure if I want to have three separate flight cases, or one single coffin.
Oh dude I left this image on the other thread:
Ervin Calvery
do you mind posting a few pics of how it looks in this case? just purchased a Z2 and looking into some cases.

Pmed
Albertina Fay
Originally Posted by botstein
It might be a whole lot cheaper, depending where the wedding is, to rent the turntables for the evening . In NYC, for example, that would be much cheaper than buying a flight case and then checking it.

I have the Odyssey black label battle mode coffin: http://turntablelab.com/collections/...le-mode-coffin. I have the 10" mixer model and had to remove one piece of padding, but it now fits the Z2 and the 1200s very snugly. If you care about minute details, you should know that without removing some of the padding that goes under the mixer (which I myself haven't done), the Z2 will not be flush with the turntables, as it's just a few mm taller than other mixers.

EDIT: FYI, removing some of the padding to make the mixer fit does not void the warranty.

Rufus Ondrick
It might be a whole lot cheaper, depending where the wedding is, to rent the turntables for the evening . In NYC, for example, that would be much cheaper than buying a flight case and then checking it.

I have the Odyssey black label battle mode coffin: http://turntablelab.com/collections/...le-mode-coffin. I have the 10" mixer model and had to remove one piece of padding, but it now fits the Z2 and the 1200s very snugly. If you care about minute details, you should know that without removing some of the padding that goes under the mixer (which I myself haven't done), the Z2 will not be flush with the turntables, as it's just a few mm taller than other mixers.

EDIT: FYI, removing some of the padding to make the mixer fit does not void the warranty.
Thanks for the input, ive never actually thought of renting as an option and you're right. I should look at renting then locally instead of dragging and carrying multiple cases at thr airport. it would be great if I could just bring my laptop. thanks for the input botstein

the case also looks great! but I dont believe ill be needing it but will consider just in case I needed to move somewhere thanks!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by tothecloudd
My cousins wedding is coming up this july and he wanted me to dj for him and he wanted me to bring my tt's instead of my little mc3000 that i usually bring, my issue is have no clue what kind of flight case i need to get that will fit my tables and mixer. does anyone know a specific flight case that would fit a z2 and stanton 150? would a tech 1200 flight case work for the tables? i have never owned techs before so i didnt have to buy flight cases and my mc3000 fits nice and snug on my bag so i never had to buy a case for it as well.

Thanks!

Rufus Ondrick

Thanks!
Precious Pequignot
I would advise to get individual flight cases for stanton st150s. I have a coffin (non battle style) from previous owner. I cant go far with 2 stantons alone in them, the weight is insane. (Mixer isnt in the flight case cause im using kontrol s4 as my mixer)

I have a pair of techs, and they are much more manageable in the flight case as compared to the stanton st150s in terms of weight.
Federico Vilas
I will get the pdx3000's over these decks on weight alone...can't imagine something that weighs any more then a classic 1200... I have a hard enough time lugging 1200s around
Addie Engbrecht
I have an Oddesey coffin I need to sell that will fit all of that. Looking for $50 if you're interested
Marion Corbo
Oddyssey FZ10 Mix is the PERFECT fit for the z2 Im using one, fits like a glove. And the FZ1200 for my st-150's
Albina Androski
Techs are like feathers compared to the stantons.
Federico Vilas
Originally Posted by dj_adm
Such a nice setup!

technics aren't light either
Albina Androski
Such a nice setup!

Ervin Calvery

Oh dude I left this image on the other thread:
Tonita Mujanovic
yeah the Z2 doesnt, when DJ craze came up here ( british columbia , canada ), he could have his z2 in the carry on, but when he flew back west jet made him put it in luggage so it got banged up and he ended up having to get a new one :/
Ervin Calvery
I don't know that the Z2 needs a case just for flying by itself. I carry it on in a regular-looking briefcase a lot.
Tonita Mujanovic
tech 1200 cases work with the stanton 150's, if your ever going to do flying with your gear i believe itd be best for 3 seperate cases, because most clubs have tech1200's already and if you want to bring your mixer you dont have to bring all your other gear, and it might be cheaper for 3 smaller cases than 1 large case, but then again you dont have 3 arms
Federico Vilas
Renting is a great option especially if they want separate sound at ceremony and you to mic and record their vows. People will pay a ton of money for those extra options and you can make a decent profit

I just djed my friends wedding and his best man said he is paying his Dj $2900... I asked why so much and it was the lapel mics and recorded audio
Ervin Calvery

Pmed
Albertina Fay

Rufus Ondrick

Thanks for the input, ive never actually thought of renting as an option and you're right. I should look at renting then locally instead of dragging and carrying multiple cases at thr airport. it would be great if I could just bring my laptop. thanks for the input botstein

the case also looks great! but I dont believe ill be needing it but will consider just in case I needed to move somewhere thanks!
Ervin Calvery
Originally Posted by tothecloudd

Thanks!

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy