One deck mixing in traktor

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: One deck mixing in traktorReply
One deck mixing in traktor
Posted on: 18.07.2013 by Angila Centofanti
So I was told to mess with the routing settings and have figured out how to get both decks to play out of the same channel... but i'm trying to set it up more like one deck mode on Serato.

With one deck mode on serato you can toggle which deck is active (a or b) but still be mixing them through one channel. So I can play a track by dropping my needle, then switch the active deck, stop my turntable, and then play the next track by dropping the needle and starting the record again. Also it would make it so Channel A's EQ could be used to EQ both decks a and b independently from each other.

I hope that isn't too confusing and some one can help. Thanks.
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Delila Vandommelen
Originally Posted by Patch
I GUESS you'd have to change your audio routing so that BOTH DECKS A + B take their timecode input from the same physical input on your audio interface.

THEN, you'd need to map a button or a key to vinyl control on each player. I'm sure you can set up modifiers to have a button behave like a switch, so that EITHER Deck A or Deck B has timecode input active at one time...
Yep.
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don
Angila Centofanti
So I was told to mess with the routing settings and have figured out how to get both decks to play out of the same channel... but i'm trying to set it up more like one deck mode on Serato.

With one deck mode on serato you can toggle which deck is active (a or b) but still be mixing them through one channel. So I can play a track by dropping my needle, then switch the active deck, stop my turntable, and then play the next track by dropping the needle and starting the record again. Also it would make it so Channel A's EQ could be used to EQ both decks a and b independently from each other.

I hope that isn't too confusing and some one can help. Thanks.
Delila Vandommelen
Originally Posted by Patch
I GUESS you'd have to change your audio routing so that BOTH DECKS A + B take their timecode input from the same physical input on your audio interface.

THEN, you'd need to map a button or a key to vinyl control on each player. I'm sure you can set up modifiers to have a button behave like a switch, so that EITHER Deck A or Deck B has timecode input active at one time...
Yep.
Brunilda Kora
^Yeah. That's much easier than my suggestion. You would only be controlling 1 deck with timecode, then.
Teresia Janusch
just deck replicate...
Brunilda Kora

Gaynell Rydberg
You would have to mix internally, but I'm pretty confused. I don't know what you're asking.
Armando Waithour
sorry. i don

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy