Pioneer CDJ button switches

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Pioneer CDJ button switchesReply
Pioneer CDJ button switches
Posted on: 26.07.2013 by Ulysses Vittetoe
Does anyone know if the switches on the Pioneer CDJ PCB's are proprietary or if buying any old switch and soldering them on would do? Specifically the Play/Pause and Cue switches, along with the Track Search and Search switches.
Ulysses Vittetoe
Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk
its a standard tac switch...specifically for anything that uses them...aslong as theyre 'push to make'
Thanks Chris, that's what I was wondering.
Golden Faubert
Originally Posted by Shishdisma
They sell them wholesale on ebay. Resoldering the switches is a pretty popular fix for abused decks.
this! theres some good vids on youtube showing how to disassemble also, i was quite concerned the first time i did it, but its really easy
Ulysses Vittetoe
Does anyone know if the switches on the Pioneer CDJ PCB's are proprietary or if buying any old switch and soldering them on would do? Specifically the Play/Pause and Cue switches, along with the Track Search and Search switches.
Ulysses Vittetoe
Originally Posted by djchriswoods.co.uk
its a standard tac switch...specifically for anything that uses them...aslong as theyre 'push to make'
Thanks Chris, that's what I was wondering.
Teresia Janusch
Ulysses Vittetoe
I know you can buy the switches specifically for CDjs on eBay. My question was if any old switch you can buy from an electronic parts retailer would work.
Dannette Laky
You can do this yourself very easy. You only need to know how to handle a screwdriver and soldering iron.
Tools needed:
PH Screwdriver
Soldering iron
Desoldering pump or wick
Some solder

If you have a Pioneer dealer nearby you can go to them to buy the switches themselves. The price at the local dealer here is about 80 cents per switch.

When you open your CDJ be aware to not fold flatcables or touch a capacitor.
Golden Faubert
Originally Posted by Shishdisma
They sell them wholesale on ebay. Resoldering the switches is a pretty popular fix for abused decks.
this! theres some good vids on youtube showing how to disassemble also, i was quite concerned the first time i did it, but its really easy
Nancey Inderlied
Gracia Roettgen
if you are on about the tack switches which are soldered in the bored then you can just buy new ones and solder them on I brought mine from ebay and there easy to do. link below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-PLAY-...item4174d7595e

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy