Technics 1210MK2 Service

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Technics 1210MK2 ServiceReply
Technics 1210MK2 Service
Posted on: 05.08.2013 by Roy Houn
Those who own them, have you had them serviced, or do you do it yourself. Things like calibrating the zero point and the pitch range, i've seen youtube videos by viperfrank and he explains what you have to do pretty well. I've just bought myself a multimeter off ebay toevening and im possibly believeing of having a go at calibrating the zero point and pitch range. Ive had the 1210 2 weeks, i bought it off an old friend for a good price so wouldnt begrudge paying for it to be serviced properly, what do you guys who have owned them for many years recommend me to do? It had a funny turn earlier when i moved it along my dj stand i pressed the start button and it kinda stuttered forwards and backwards like it had just stopped, then spun on. i stopped it and turned it off. Moved it to where i wanted it and turned it back on, hooked my s4 up to my macbook and played a track thru traktor on it and it played fine, started, stopped and pitch up and down worked fine altho its out as it need calibrating...i panicked believeing something had gone wrong with it after 2 weeks but it played fine afterwards so i dont know what happpened or caused it?
Roy Houn
Those who own them, have you had them serviced, or do you do it yourself. Things like calibrating the zero point and the pitch range, i've seen youtube videos by viperfrank and he explains what you have to do pretty well. I've just bought myself a multimeter off ebay toevening and im possibly believeing of having a go at calibrating the zero point and pitch range. Ive had the 1210 2 weeks, i bought it off an old friend for a good price so wouldnt begrudge paying for it to be serviced properly, what do you guys who have owned them for many years recommend me to do? It had a funny turn earlier when i moved it along my dj stand i pressed the start button and it kinda stuttered forwards and backwards like it had just stopped, then spun on. i stopped it and turned it off. Moved it to where i wanted it and turned it back on, hooked my s4 up to my macbook and played a track thru traktor on it and it played fine, started, stopped and pitch up and down worked fine altho its out as it need calibrating...i panicked believeing something had gone wrong with it after 2 weeks but it played fine afterwards so i dont know what happpened or caused it?
Roy Houn
Just calibrated the zero point and pitch on my deck so now its only where it should be at zero, cant do the range tho as i need to measure the frequency and my multimeter doesnt do that. Its still fuckin playing up anyways not spinning right then spinning so fast the platter could fly off and wont turn off.. sick of it now if im being honest, bet its going to cost me a fortune get it put right...
Brunilda Kora
Servicing your own Technics is fun. But it can get a bit complicated - and you might have to learn a few lessons the expensive way!
Rena Estabrook
If I'm second guessing my technical skill, I'd rather pay a pro to deal with it.
Federico Vilas
I've fixed myself but like to have my buddy do it bc he is much better then I

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy