Digital Mixers (w/built in interfaces)

Home :: Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topic :: Digital Mixers (w/built in interfaces)Reply
Digital Mixers (w/built in interfaces)
Posted on: 08.08.2013 by Federico Vilas
I'm old school. I almost always have owned some sort of vestax or rane analog mixer. DVS came out and ever since the ttm-57 I feel as if mixer quality has tanked

I got to admit I was extremely excited when we could start buying mixers with interfaces built in...so much so I modified my 07pro...off of this dudes inspiration

Now, I don't have the cash to buy the rane 61/62 so I'm stuck with only 2 options:

(1) rane ttm-57sl
- I have actually owned this mixer. Didn't like the layout of it, 16-bit audio, FX, etc...but other then that the mixer was dope...BUT I sold it b/c I didn't want to be stuck with the 16-bit audio interface and wanted to get my cash back on the unit while people still wanted it
(2) NI Kontrol Z2
- I currently own this mixer BUT the main issue I have with this mixer is there are no controls for curve AT ALL for the line faders???? ...sure you can cheat and calibrate them different BUT then you can't do a proper fade in.out transition. You can replace with a PNP but that still doesn't matter b/c the mixer saves the calibration from the software for the line faders and there is no external control knob for the line faders period

So now i'm trying to sell my Z2 and get a 05-pro redbeat or 07-ISP b/c i'm tired of the issues...i'll just modify them with an audio 6 inside like I did my other 2-07pro's that I sold

I just wish that Vestax would work something out with RANE or TRAKTOR like they do with all the new controllers...anyhow, I know that will never happen... just thought I would rant for a moment
Federico Vilas
I'm old school. I almost always have owned some sort of vestax or rane analog mixer. DVS came out and ever since the ttm-57 I feel as if mixer quality has tanked

I got to admit I was extremely excited when we could start buying mixers with interfaces built in...so much so I modified my 07pro...off of this dudes inspiration

Now, I don't have the cash to buy the rane 61/62 so I'm stuck with only 2 options:

(1) rane ttm-57sl
- I have actually owned this mixer. Didn't like the layout of it, 16-bit audio, FX, etc...but other then that the mixer was dope...BUT I sold it b/c I didn't want to be stuck with the 16-bit audio interface and wanted to get my cash back on the unit while people still wanted it
(2) NI Kontrol Z2
- I currently own this mixer BUT the main issue I have with this mixer is there are no controls for curve AT ALL for the line faders???? ...sure you can cheat and calibrate them different BUT then you can't do a proper fade in.out transition. You can replace with a PNP but that still doesn't matter b/c the mixer saves the calibration from the software for the line faders and there is no external control knob for the line faders period

So now i'm trying to sell my Z2 and get a 05-pro redbeat or 07-ISP b/c i'm tired of the issues...i'll just modify them with an audio 6 inside like I did my other 2-07pro's that I sold

I just wish that Vestax would work something out with RANE or TRAKTOR like they do with all the new controllers...anyhow, I know that will never happen... just thought I would rant for a moment
Federico Vilas
The only reason I haven't tried a Serato mod is bc the phone/line control is on the box and not controlled through the software. I wouldn't complete the mod unless sl2 or better
Albina Androski
I'd love to see someone have the balls to try this with an SL4 and a DJM 800/850/900
Federico Vilas
I've done the mod on an 07pro with an audio 6. I haven't tried a Serato mod yet
Albina Androski
If you can do this with an SL1 and Rane TTM56, you could look into doing it with an Audio4/6

http://scotched.tumblr.com/post/9433...ide-your-mixer

Federico Vilas
I'm pretty sure the T1 has the same issue...I've looked into the x600 but I believe I'm just going to use a standard mixer and audio interface... More or a pain with cables but more control for what I want
Isa Erik
3.) Does DJM-T1 have line fader curve control? It seems like a good option if you're not satisfied with Z2 but still want Traktor certified interface inside, good build quality and transport buttons on the faceplate.

4.) denon x600 (pair it with a X1) - maybe even a better option - full curve control on xfader & linefaders, you can use it as DVS interface on win, unlike Z2 & T1 has onboard EFX which you can sync to Traktor BPM via MIDI,...

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy