Recording Problem

Recording Problem
Posted on: 13.08.2013 by Coralee Salti
This is my setup.

x2 Technics 1210, x1 DJM400 Mixer (2 Channel), Macbook Pro and Traktor A6 soundcard.

When i record a DJ Mix i notice that the sound comes out very low. I use x2 Multicore cables for each channels so that i can switch between timecode and normal vinyl. I use an RCA cable from the output 2 main of the mixer to the Input 3 of the Traktor A6.

The gain on the record mix is up to the max. My gains are not clipping on my mixer. I notice the mix is slightly louder if i turn up the volume on the mixer main or channel gains.

Surely this cannot be right that for me to have a decent sound, when i had the Traktor S4 i had decent volume sound the more i turned up the recording gain.

There are no other ports in my mixer to try out. Would the UCA222 external sound card be a better option as i don't really use timecode that much.

Can you please help i have looked everywhere for a solution.
Coralee Salti
This is my setup.

x2 Technics 1210, x1 DJM400 Mixer (2 Channel), Macbook Pro and Traktor A6 soundcard.

When i record a DJ Mix i notice that the sound comes out very low. I use x2 Multicore cables for each channels so that i can switch between timecode and normal vinyl. I use an RCA cable from the output 2 main of the mixer to the Input 3 of the Traktor A6.

The gain on the record mix is up to the max. My gains are not clipping on my mixer. I notice the mix is slightly louder if i turn up the volume on the mixer main or channel gains.

Surely this cannot be right that for me to have a decent sound, when i had the Traktor S4 i had decent volume sound the more i turned up the recording gain.

There are no other ports in my mixer to try out. Would the UCA222 external sound card be a better option as i don't really use timecode that much.

Can you please help i have looked everywhere for a solution.
Latoria Kavulich
i use an audio 6. a recording level of -12 to -15 db is normal. boost it up later with your audio editor. the out 2 you are using may be a Rec out, in which case it will be very quiet anyway, the best option is usually to run from a booth out, as most mixers have an independent booth level knob.

<< Back to Oldschool - vinyl and disc Djs topicReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy