I'm trying to buy a macbook pro. But can't decide which processor is better.

Home :: General Discussion :: I'm trying to buy a macbook pro. But can't decide which processor is better.Reply
I'm trying to buy a macbook pro. But can't decide which processor is better.
Posted on: 27.11.2013 by Romeo Kornfeind
Macbook Pro i5 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
Macbook Pro 17 Dual Core 2.7 GHz

They are both 13 inch laptops, in the end of their cycles.

Which of the 2 are better processors for using Ableton and Traktor simultaneously ?

Along with this, I'm buying a Push and a Xone K2.

Please help me out. I really don't want to own something I'll need to upgrade very soon.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm coming from a Dell laptop, Quad core i5. Bitch died on me, Doesn't even start now.
Romeo Kornfeind
Originally Posted by Sambo
If you want Ableton and Traktor simultaneously, go big. The more CPU and RAM in that bad boy the better.

My i5 Lenovo eats Traktor alive with two remix decks running, keylock and spamming FX though, and I'm sure I could comfortably run Ableton in the background also but I've never tried it. This is all on the shoddy crap that is Windows 8, so OS X on similar spec should have no problem.
Got the 15" i7 quad core today. My mistake about the Quad core i5. Victim of false advertising by some of the stores. Plus here in India, the Retinas are just way too expensive.

Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it

Is there a tutorial for mapping an Android Tablet to work as a mixer ? (Touch OSC). No Xone K2, I would've been sorted otherwise.
Katelyn Hoctor
Originally Posted by makar1
There has never been a Quad Core 13" Macbook as far as I know.
i was just about to say that myself also if your really set on either then the i7 model
Romeo Kornfeind
Macbook Pro i5 Quad Core 2.6 GHz
Macbook Pro 17 Dual Core 2.7 GHz

They are both 13 inch laptops, in the end of their cycles.

Which of the 2 are better processors for using Ableton and Traktor simultaneously ?

Along with this, I'm buying a Push and a Xone K2.

Please help me out. I really don't want to own something I'll need to upgrade very soon.

Thanks.

P.S. I'm coming from a Dell laptop, Quad core i5. Bitch died on me, Doesn't even start now.
Romeo Kornfeind
Originally Posted by Sambo
If you want Ableton and Traktor simultaneously, go big. The more CPU and RAM in that bad boy the better.

My i5 Lenovo eats Traktor alive with two remix decks running, keylock and spamming FX though, and I'm sure I could comfortably run Ableton in the background also but I've never tried it. This is all on the shoddy crap that is Windows 8, so OS X on similar spec should have no problem.
Got the 15" i7 quad core today. My mistake about the Quad core i5. Victim of false advertising by some of the stores. Plus here in India, the Retinas are just way too expensive.

Thanks for all the replies. Appreciate it

Is there a tutorial for mapping an Android Tablet to work as a mixer ? (Touch OSC). No Xone K2, I would've been sorted otherwise.
Jetta Drenzek

Katelyn Hoctor
Originally Posted by makar1
i was just about to say that myself also if your really set on either then the i7 model
Alphonso Deitchman
Rolanda Clodfelder
Neither have been updated in a year - personally I don't believe either is a particularly good purchase at this point in time given the benefits of more recent processors, SSD and the price drops of the retina machines.

But given the choice of these two the i7.
Petra Arra
if you dont want to upgrade soon, best bet is to get the latest.

<< Back to General DiscussionReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy