Traktor S4 price reduction

Traktor S4 price reduction
Posted on: 31.07.2012 by Mariana Ptomey
Hi all!

I'm interested in making the switch to NI - been using a M-Audio Torq Xponent for years but apparently it's radio silence all over again there and no compatible Mountain Lion drivers etc. - anyways been willing to switch over to something a lot more decent anyways.

For the last couple of days I've been really intrigued by the videos I've seen of the S4 (especially combined with the F1). Such a marvellous setup!

But I do wonder if it's the right time to buy the S4 now? I saw it's got a price cut till the end of Augustus which makes me believe they will offer the successor to the S4 right after or perhaps just in time for the holiday season. I also heard from a friend a music store in our neighbourhood is having a NI representative coming over next weekend to demo upcoming products (no clue wether it being software or hardware). Can't seem to find any rumour sites either regarding the matter.

So what do you guys believe? I saw the S4 got released around approximately October 2010. Perhaps it's due for an upgrade? Also saw some complaints about the lack of monitor booth output (a thing which my Torq Xponent did have).

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers!
Mariana Ptomey
Originally Posted by backtothefront
I guess NI have probably got a longer term plan for their next 4 channel controller however my guess it will be alongside a significant change to Traktor functionality as they are going down the heavily integrated hardware/software route i.e. pre TP2, the S4 was launched with Traktor Pro S4 which later became TP2 for wider consumption, similarly the F1 which at the moment is the only hardware device which can fully utilise the TP2.5 Remix decks out of the box (apart from the Midi Fighter now).

I guess TP3 will be a little way off and maybe new hardware will be launched with it. But I would say the S4 is still a safe bet for some time. It could be the next large controller may simply be based on the S4 and add some features that would've been nice to haves on the S4; dedicated booth out, operate as a standalone mixer for TT's/CDJ's, add additional triggers for remix decks etc.

I'm very happy with the S4 and can see me using it for many years to come before I buy new kit which I don't do often - still have the 1210s from the mid 90s!
Thanks very much for your insight. Doesn't make the choice any less hard unfortunately. ;-)

Argh the agony of choice. *continues viewing video tutorials in the meanwhile and playing with the traktor demo*
Mariana Ptomey
Hi all!

I'm interested in making the switch to NI - been using a M-Audio Torq Xponent for years but apparently it's radio silence all over again there and no compatible Mountain Lion drivers etc. - anyways been willing to switch over to something a lot more decent anyways.

For the last couple of days I've been really intrigued by the videos I've seen of the S4 (especially combined with the F1). Such a marvellous setup!

But I do wonder if it's the right time to buy the S4 now? I saw it's got a price cut till the end of Augustus which makes me believe they will offer the successor to the S4 right after or perhaps just in time for the holiday season. I also heard from a friend a music store in our neighbourhood is having a NI representative coming over next weekend to demo upcoming products (no clue wether it being software or hardware). Can't seem to find any rumour sites either regarding the matter.

So what do you guys believe? I saw the S4 got released around approximately October 2010. Perhaps it's due for an upgrade? Also saw some complaints about the lack of monitor booth output (a thing which my Torq Xponent did have).

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Cheers!
Mariana Ptomey
Originally Posted by backtothefront
I guess NI have probably got a longer term plan for their next 4 channel controller however my guess it will be alongside a significant change to Traktor functionality as they are going down the heavily integrated hardware/software route i.e. pre TP2, the S4 was launched with Traktor Pro S4 which later became TP2 for wider consumption, similarly the F1 which at the moment is the only hardware device which can fully utilise the TP2.5 Remix decks out of the box (apart from the Midi Fighter now).

I guess TP3 will be a little way off and maybe new hardware will be launched with it. But I would say the S4 is still a safe bet for some time. It could be the next large controller may simply be based on the S4 and add some features that would've been nice to haves on the S4; dedicated booth out, operate as a standalone mixer for TT's/CDJ's, add additional triggers for remix decks etc.

I'm very happy with the S4 and can see me using it for many years to come before I buy new kit which I don't do often - still have the 1210s from the mid 90s!
Thanks very much for your insight. Doesn't make the choice any less hard unfortunately. ;-)

Argh the agony of choice. *continues viewing video tutorials in the meanwhile and playing with the traktor demo*
Lashawn Maycock

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy