S4 with Traktor 2.5 - problems with samples and FX

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: S4 with Traktor 2.5 - problems with samples and FXReply
S4 with Traktor 2.5 - problems with samples and FX
Posted on: 06.06.2012 by Dewayne Cocklin
Greetings guys, a few clicks away from pulling my hair out on this one. Pretty behind the times in terms of mappings etc. so I really need some help...

Since updating to 2.5, I'm getting weird behaviour from my sample buttons. I used to be able to capture loops just by pressing the buttons or indeed capture samples of a selected length from decks A and B into C and D respectively. This worked whether the track was playing or not. I'm guessing if you're reading this you already know that, sorry. Anyway for some reason all my sample play buttons seem to want to grab directly from the loop recorder. When there is nothing in the loop recorder, a red error message at the bottom says, "WARNING: Can't copy from empty loop recorder". While this would be great as an option, I can't get it to change back and I have no idea how I messed it up in the first place. My final attempt was to restore the default, no luck. Any ideas?

Also, my selected FX in single mode now automatically changes to always be the same as FX1 in group mode. They used to be independent, and I can't find an option for this either. Is this just something I have to get used to? seems a bit silly.

Cheers
Jeanna Obata
Originally Posted by Showie
I don't know if u got this sorted, I had the same prob was driving me mad lol but to sort it all u have to do is,go to settings and look at the very bottom of the window that opens an click setup wizard on the left run that an all works perfect after that ,u have to be in full screen mode to see the bottom of window , hope this helps
Thats a shit ton. this has been giving me a headache for days. idk how it worked but thats not important. thank god i found this community , i was about to chuck this s4 out the window.
Dewayne Cocklin
Greetings guys, a few clicks away from pulling my hair out on this one. Pretty behind the times in terms of mappings etc. so I really need some help...

Since updating to 2.5, I'm getting weird behaviour from my sample buttons. I used to be able to capture loops just by pressing the buttons or indeed capture samples of a selected length from decks A and B into C and D respectively. This worked whether the track was playing or not. I'm guessing if you're reading this you already know that, sorry. Anyway for some reason all my sample play buttons seem to want to grab directly from the loop recorder. When there is nothing in the loop recorder, a red error message at the bottom says, "WARNING: Can't copy from empty loop recorder". While this would be great as an option, I can't get it to change back and I have no idea how I messed it up in the first place. My final attempt was to restore the default, no luck. Any ideas?

Also, my selected FX in single mode now automatically changes to always be the same as FX1 in group mode. They used to be independent, and I can't find an option for this either. Is this just something I have to get used to? seems a bit silly.

Cheers
Quentin Brasse
I don't know if u got this sorted, I had the same prob was driving me mad lol but to sort it all u have to do is,go to settings and look at the very bottom of the window that opens an click setup wizard on the left run that an all works perfect after that ,u have to be in full screen mode to see the bottom of window , hope this helps
Dewayne Cocklin
Also, even my generic keyboard controls are doing the same thing, Z through , all capturing from the loop recorder.
Dewayne Cocklin
Thanks for the replies guys, tried reloading the mapping, no luck, also reset traktor altogether, nothing. I sent away my troubles to NI, got the following reply:

The functionality of the S4 mapping for the hotcues 1-4 (5-8) can be changed in
Traktor Preferences>>Traktor Kontrol S4>> Hotcue Buttons= REMIX MODE.
As for mapping options for the Loop Recorder, you will need to customize your own
assignments in the Controller Manager. Please refer to the Traktor 2 documentation
for more about this subject.
Best regards
Diego, Native Instruments Support Team

Cheers Diago, don't know why I bothered asking. I attempted to create my own mapping, but the only button option I can see is "slot capture/trigger/mute" but its the capture function which now seems to mean loop recorder. My hair is getting greyer by the day. Death by stress is imminent. Anyone else in the world having a similar problem? Want to half in for a therapist?
Kecia Wnukowski
At least for the 2nd point that's a bug confirmed. Choosing a Fx in single mode ALSO has an impact on the 1st slot in group mode (which is just silly).
Leeanna Ayla
Have you tried to load the default mapping again?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy