traktor 2.5 and kontrol S4??

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: traktor 2.5 and kontrol S4??Reply
traktor 2.5 and kontrol S4??
Posted on: 02.08.2012 by Eloy Kiepke
Ughh okay, I'm sorry guys. Usually I'd never do this, I know this doesn't go here, but I have a big gig tomorrow and I have to get this fixed by then. Really need your help guys. The S4 community s failed. I've tried EVERYWHERE else and got nothing, so please... any help?

Upgraded to 2.5.... and now traktor won't even recognize my s4 as a controller. Doesn't show up in the controller manager, doesn't even show up in the set up wizard (even though 3 controllers I don't have show up)... It shows up as an audio card just fine, but will not work as a controller. I have the newest S4 driver available for PC (3.0.3)... but nothing works.... any ideas? How the hell can NI fail this hard?
Lashawn Maycock
Originally Posted by Saurus
Ughh okay, I'm sorry guys. Usually I'd never do this, I know this doesn't go here, but I have a big gig tomorrow and I have to get this fixed by then. Really need your help guys. The S4 community s failed. I've tried EVERYWHERE else and got nothing, so please... any help?

Upgraded to 2.5.... and now traktor won't even recognize my s4 as a controller. Doesn't show up in the controller manager, doesn't even show up in the set up wizard (even though 3 controllers I don't have show up)... It shows up as an audio card just fine, but will not work as a controller. I have the newest S4 driver available for PC (3.0.3)... but nothing works.... any ideas? How the hell can NI fail this hard?
Sorry to hear of your prob. Did you check the S4 was switched off/disconnected from the computer before upgrading to 2.5? Windows will kindly try to apply incorrect drivers to the S4 if Traktor has not been installed/upgraded before connecting, this could be the problem. I believe the remedy(?) is to uninstall the NI software and repeat the process without connecting the S4. Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers
Eloy Kiepke

Lisa Lochotzki
If it still doesn't work... try to downgrade the S4 driver version....
Rey Holubar
Actually my post was for the OP. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

scamo
Len Lukawski
Here's how to fix it.

Len Lukawski
Come on Scamo - give me some credit
Rey Holubar
Have you tried just manually adding the S4 default mapping?

scamo
Len Lukawski
Sorted it. Will try and post a screen cap in a bit.
Len Lukawski
I plan on uninstalling and then taking a look at this: http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...leanup+Utility

If that doesn't sort it I'll go manual.
Len Lukawski
I'm believeing so manual file and registry entry removal is going to be required. I will let you know what to do if that ends up being the solution.
Eloy Kiepke
Yeah... I tried to reinstall like five or six times... no luck.....
Len Lukawski
I just upgraded and the same thing has happened. Traktor appears to recognize the S4's audio interface but not the controller side. I plan on doing the re-install later though my experience has shown me that NI still leave a plethora of stuff on the system after the uninstall.
Flo Kraetsch
Sorry to be this guy but reinstall? http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...rs+in+Mac+OS+X
Eloy Kiepke
Tried all of that. It's not windows' fault, it's that NI doesn't know how to program, and are dicks.... The new S4 mac driver has been out for six months, and the previous one worked just fine... still no working windows driver though.
Al Naii
Windows? The solution to all windows problems is a reboot. Or buy a mac >_>. Maybe start fresh? uninstall it reinstall it. check for updates in the service center? is it a new s4? have you registered it in the service center?

I'm just throwing out random ideas to hopefully spark new ones >_>
Eloy Kiepke
Nah.... tried that thanks though... other ideas?
Lashawn Maycock
Originally Posted by Saurus

Sorry to hear of your prob. Did you check the S4 was switched off/disconnected from the computer before upgrading to 2.5? Windows will kindly try to apply incorrect drivers to the S4 if Traktor has not been installed/upgraded before connecting, this could be the problem. I believe the remedy(?) is to uninstall the NI software and repeat the process without connecting the S4. Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers
Tegan Ruport
Could it be a simple as the button at the back of your S4 has been switched off? Easily done as you believe its on due to the light up as the UBS is plugged in?
Eloy Kiepke
Also,

computer specs

running windows 7, with and without the usb audio card hotfix.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy