USB connector broken. Help please!? :)

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: USB connector broken. Help please!? :)Reply
USB connector broken. Help please!? :)
Posted on: 05.08.2012 by Glinda Gohel
Hi everyone,

my USB connector on the S4 has broken. The inner plastic casing that housed the metal pins has broken off. I'll take a photograph and post it also, in a minute.

Has this happened to anyone? And is it easy enough to fix?

cheers,

John
Glinda Gohel
WP_000319.jpg

yeah, this is the little bit of plastic that broke off from inside the USB wire hole on the S4...
Glinda Gohel
Hi everyone,

my USB connector on the S4 has broken. The inner plastic casing that housed the metal pins has broken off. I'll take a photograph and post it also, in a minute.

Has this happened to anyone? And is it easy enough to fix?

cheers,

John
Random X
Ahhh, Koop was already in there before me.

Closing down thread.
Random X
Please use search... This has been covered a few times. Ninja solution can be found here:

http://journal.ome-les.com/fixing-th...s2/2012/03/11/
Claude Koveleski
That would be a good temp fix but not going to last long
Kristofer Krauel
Or check out post 6 in this thread http://community .djranking s.com/showthr...ighlight=broke

A piece of cardboard could just become your best friend!!
Claude Koveleski
Yep the whole connector will need to be replaced. It is a simple job for anyone handy with electronics. The part is a standard 4 pin USB type B PCB component. The part costs about $2 and the labour should only be $50-$80. Find your local electrical repairer and give them a call.
Bunny Sockel
This happens a lot with the s4 and s2. Sadly it can't be fixed it must be replaced. i pray that you still have warranty on it
Glinda Gohel
WP_000319.jpg

yeah, this is the little bit of plastic that broke off from inside the USB wire hole on the S4...

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy