Transferring Traktor Pro 2 to Another Computer

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Transferring Traktor Pro 2 to Another ComputerReply
Transferring Traktor Pro 2 to Another Computer
Posted on: 06.08.2012 by Maira Moorthy
Off the bat, I know this isn't really a hardware question, but there was no other Traktor section

So I have a fully licensed version of Traktor Pro 2.5 running on my computer we'll call Mac #1. If I want to move over all my iTunes music and Traktor to another computer, we'll call Mac #2, is it as easy as restoring it from a time machine backup? Will all my tracks be beatgridded and will everything be just how I left it? Or is it a pain to re-register and stuff like that?

Thanks
Maira Moorthy
Originally Posted by ksandvik
You need to move the ~/Documents/NI/Traktor stuff as well. That's where the beatgrids et rest reside. Now if you do this over Time Machine it should be fine. But you need to re-register Traktor via NI Control Panel.
Is re-registering pretty simple? I mean I would be taking Traktor off Mac #1, so it would be installed on only one computer at a time, but shouldn't there be more precautions than that? So people don't go around giving everyone Traktor? Like a maximum number of devices allowed under one serial or something?

Just curious
Maira Moorthy
Off the bat, I know this isn't really a hardware question, but there was no other Traktor section

So I have a fully licensed version of Traktor Pro 2.5 running on my computer we'll call Mac #1. If I want to move over all my iTunes music and Traktor to another computer, we'll call Mac #2, is it as easy as restoring it from a time machine backup? Will all my tracks be beatgridded and will everything be just how I left it? Or is it a pain to re-register and stuff like that?

Thanks
Maira Moorthy
Originally Posted by ksandvik
You need to move the ~/Documents/NI/Traktor stuff as well. That's where the beatgrids et rest reside. Now if you do this over Time Machine it should be fine. But you need to re-register Traktor via NI Control Panel.
Is re-registering pretty simple? I mean I would be taking Traktor off Mac #1, so it would be installed on only one computer at a time, but shouldn't there be more precautions than that? So people don't go around giving everyone Traktor? Like a maximum number of devices allowed under one serial or something?

Just curious
Celine Surico

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy