Mac Mountain Lion Update Problem

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Mac Mountain Lion Update ProblemReply
Mac Mountain Lion Update Problem
Posted on: 26.07.2012 by Soila Schipani
I updated to mountain lion yesterday, and today I went to practice on my s4 and a constant beat was coming out of the speakers. I restarted my computer and the same problem was there. and when i tried to load and play a track it would play at the tempo of the beat. But when I unplugged the S4 traktor played the song with no problem. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
Thanks
Aide Sonoda
Originally Posted by Gryz
There are also beta drivers out for the audio cards for ML. Had this problem moments ago.
The beta drivers solved it for me. Get them here: http://www.native-instruments.com/in...reeupdates&L=1
Edwardo Rothenberger
Originally Posted by DJMeowMix
I am BRAND NEW and just purchased my unit 2nd hand today.. I have it hooked up to the my Macbook pro and I am running 10.7.4. I am having the same issue.. A constant beat noise and the songs almost pause for each beat.. They actually do not sound like songs at all.. just weird noises.. I am praying that it is just some sort of software or setting that I can't figure out.. It did not come with the manual so I am at a total loss.. ANY help would be appreciated!
Might be a USB driver issue. Why don't you pm dfinch805
Agatha Blenman
Originally Posted by photojojo
Check that tick under master and the headphone symbol under the advanced panel of each deck isn't selected. Then spend some quality time with the manual.
Thanks I will check that out right now!
Leeanna Ayla
I am BRAND NEW and just purchased my unit 2nd hand today.. I have it hooked up to the my Macbook pro and I am running 10.7.4. I am having the same issue.. A constant beat noise and the songs almost pause for each beat.. They actually do not sound like songs at all.. just weird noises.. I am praying that it is just some sort of software or setting that I can't figure out.. It did not come with the manual so I am at a total loss.. ANY help would be appreciated!
Check that tick under master and the headphone symbol under the advanced panel of each deck isn't selected. Then spend some quality time with the manual.
Agatha Blenman
Originally Posted by dfinch805
are you running 10.7.4? check your version number. IF you just updated to the latest version (10.7.4+) let me know and i can help you out
Edwardo Rothenberger
Originally Posted by beanzos
This fixed issues with my S4 after the mountain lion update. This says it's for the beta or for usb3 issues, but it works on the retail version of Mountain Lion

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...&postcount=139

Thanks for this. Sorted mine out after ML update
Soila Schipani
I updated to mountain lion yesterday, and today I went to practice on my s4 and a constant beat was coming out of the speakers. I restarted my computer and the same problem was there. and when i tried to load and play a track it would play at the tempo of the beat. But when I unplugged the S4 traktor played the song with no problem. Anyone have any idea what the problem is?
Thanks
Maira Moorthy
This happened to me too. I couldn't play any tracks, everything just made a horrible noise that I thought might blow my speakers. The new beta drivers for Mac OSX 10.8 worked fine and fixed everything.
Aide Sonoda
Originally Posted by Gryz
There are also beta drivers out for the audio cards for ML. Had this problem moments ago.
The beta drivers solved it for me. Get them here: http://www.native-instruments.com/in...reeupdates&L=1
Edwardo Rothenberger
Might be a USB driver issue. Why don't you pm dfinch805
Agatha Blenman
Originally Posted by photojojo
Thanks I will check that out right now!
Leeanna Ayla
Agatha Blenman
Originally Posted by dfinch805
are you running 10.7.4? check your version number. IF you just updated to the latest version (10.7.4+) let me know and i can help you out
Edwardo Rothenberger
Originally Posted by beanzos
This fixed issues with my S4 after the mountain lion update. This says it's for the beta or for usb3 issues, but it works on the retail version of Mountain Lion

Thanks for this. Sorted mine out after ML update
Louisa Hemmah

Soila Schipani
yeah i'm running OS X 10.8 like hildgrim
Aide Sonoda
Having the same problem here, OS X 10.8.
Michell Wehrmeyer
Alexandra Nerby
Nedra Fresneda
My guess is that your output routing is inverted, the metronome is never routed to the master output. Check your audio preferences.
Celine Surico
Oh, I see constant beat, I though it was a constant glitch, sorry (like when the buffer handling in drivers has issues with changed timing parameters in a new OS...)
Leeanna Ayla
Do you have the metronome on?
Celine Surico
Do you have the latest S4 drivers? You could get them via the NI Update Center. If that does not help, contact NI support.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy