Question about a disappearing feature with Traktor Scratch Pro & the Kontrol S4

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Question about a disappearing feature with Traktor Scratch Pro & the Kontrol S4Reply
Question about a disappearing feature with Traktor Scratch Pro & the Kontrol S4
Posted on: 26.07.2012 by Burt Baack
So here's one that's got me stumped at the moment...

I've been using Traktor Scratch Pro 2 with the Kontrol S4 and I'm controlling my A & B decks via time-code vinyl on my trusty old turntables with the S4's jog wheels being reserved for decks C & D.

With this arrangement I've noticed that I could use the jog wheels on the A & B decks as a sort of quick pitch bend after initially setting the tempo as needed on the actual turntable. For example - with a track playing on deck A and the track on deck B set to roughly the same tempo, if the track I'm mixing in on deck B starts to drift a bit I could simply give the corresponding jog wheel on the S4 a quick nudge (even though the deck itself is set to time-code control) to bring it back into sync with the deck A track.

I can't say I ever specifically configured Traktor to do this - I simply noticed that I *could* do it when upgrading from Traktor Pro 2 to Scratch Pro 2 after buying my S4 and plugging in my 1200s.

However, after updating to TSP 2.5.1 I've noticed that the ability to do this is gone.

Any ideas as to how to configure this? It's not a terribly huge loss but for some of the retro sets I spin each week (where drifting tempos abound) it was a pretty useful little feature to have on hand.

- MCB
Claire Auyeung
Maybe you could map the jog wheels so they still work while using time code vinyls:

Go to controller manager and add these 2 rules:

For Deck A:
Add in: Tempo Bend > Assign to Left.Jog.Encoder, Set Modifier To: Deck Mode A: Scratch Control. - Assign to deck A

Same goes for Deck B:
Add in: Tempo Bend > Assign to Right.Jog.Encoder, Set Modifier To: Deck Mode B: Scratch Control. - Assign to deck B

Follow the values in the picture below and you'll be good to go..

Image2.jpg
Burt Baack
So here's one that's got me stumped at the moment...

I've been using Traktor Scratch Pro 2 with the Kontrol S4 and I'm controlling my A & B decks via time-code vinyl on my trusty old turntables with the S4's jog wheels being reserved for decks C & D.

With this arrangement I've noticed that I could use the jog wheels on the A & B decks as a sort of quick pitch bend after initially setting the tempo as needed on the actual turntable. For example - with a track playing on deck A and the track on deck B set to roughly the same tempo, if the track I'm mixing in on deck B starts to drift a bit I could simply give the corresponding jog wheel on the S4 a quick nudge (even though the deck itself is set to time-code control) to bring it back into sync with the deck A track.

I can't say I ever specifically configured Traktor to do this - I simply noticed that I *could* do it when upgrading from Traktor Pro 2 to Scratch Pro 2 after buying my S4 and plugging in my 1200s.

However, after updating to TSP 2.5.1 I've noticed that the ability to do this is gone.

Any ideas as to how to configure this? It's not a terribly huge loss but for some of the retro sets I spin each week (where drifting tempos abound) it was a pretty useful little feature to have on hand.

- MCB
Claire Auyeung
Maybe you could map the jog wheels so they still work while using time code vinyls:

Go to controller manager and add these 2 rules:

For Deck A:
Add in: Tempo Bend > Assign to Left.Jog.Encoder, Set Modifier To: Deck Mode A: Scratch Control. - Assign to deck A

Same goes for Deck B:
Add in: Tempo Bend > Assign to Right.Jog.Encoder, Set Modifier To: Deck Mode B: Scratch Control. - Assign to deck B

Follow the values in the picture below and you'll be good to go..

Image2.jpg
Julieta Cucinotta
Well, I have no experience with time code in traktor, but are you making sure to use the outside edge of the jog wheel when you try to tempo bend?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy