CPU Load Meter

CPU Load Meter
Posted on: 30.05.2012 by Jong Krzywda
I have serious CPU Load meter updates after updates, trying to reinstall etc... No effect

My specs :

-Asus X5DIE (Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4500 (2.3 GHz).
-Kontrol S4.
-Windows seven 64 bits optimized.

This laptop runs perfectly the kontrol S4 software (like 5% cpu loaded). But seriously what happens with traktor 2 ?
The 2.0.1 is quite good, 2.0.3 not at all and etc... until 2.5 and it's LOL ! like running a benchmark !

I know how to optimise pc's and laptops, changing latency, usb latency etc... Disable or enable Multi-core CPU, nothing changes.

The strange thing is that when i load windows CPU meter, the cores don't go up to ~30%

Results are : audio buzz navigating in the track, lots of time to load tracks (even analyzed async), surfing in library.

If someone has a solution ? It's very related to the software !
Otto Harlin
Originally Posted by mmullen68
I have a black macbook , intel core duo, 2.4 ghz 2gb ram(upgrading to 4gb soon) and I ran 2.1 fine, low cpu load. Upgraded to 2.5 and CPU load was RED but only when more than one effect bank is selected, still a big issue. I don't believe its his laptop. No reason 2.5 should be using so much more cpu power. Right before it was released i heard that one of the perks of 2.5 was that it would put less on the cpu load. obviously they didnt get this right yet tho bc ive seen a ton of posts about hi cpu load, even on i5 and 7 processors. i went back to 2.1 and all is fine again. ive tried unchecking the multi core processor option in traktor as well, didnt help tho, seems like the effects are causing the spikes.
How did you go back to 2.1.2?
Alberta Oberti
I'm using Traktor Pro 2.5.1. On my notebook and one of the PC's I've very strange problems with glitches and other audio problems routed from my DDJ-T1. Both are AMD processors (respectively dual an quad core). On my other PC with Core i5 none if these problems with the same software installed, all Windows 7 Professional 64-bits and latest patches. It looks like Traktor 2.5 is compiled and tuned for Intel processors. Even on an old Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz notebook it runs without problems.

Last week it annoyed me again. I bought an Apple Macbook Air 13" 256GB SSD mid 2011 model with 300 euro rebate.
Sylvia Greener
Already any opinions on the 2.5.1 version? Did it fix the CPU problems in some way? At least a bit?
Germaine Bernadin
I went from Traktor Pro 2.0.3 to Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 (I selled out some extra wonga to upgrade for when I use time codes in some clubs) and noticed a huge diff.

Win7 64 bit... i5 410 cpu , 8 gigs ram (not shared) FULLY OPTIMISED. No webs stuff and a huge amount Win 7 of services turned off.

This is a music only machine...... works like a chimp.

Traktor 2.0.3 .... latency was 8.4 ... and the processor gauge was hardly noticable.... this was wonderful.

Traktor Scratch pro 2.5 ........ I had to tinker around with the latency ... to avoid spikes now it is 10.7 and the mulitcore option is one as well........ all is good.
Alberta Oberti
I ran into a similar problem with my HP 6735b notebook. It has a Dual Core AMD Turion 2.3GHz. Traktor 2.0 ran perfectly but 2.1 and 2.5 came up with high CPU loads. I did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bits (Professional) but that dod not help in any way. After fidling with several process monitors etc. I tried changing the affinity of the CPU settings in the Windows Task Manager. Changing the affinity from all CPU cores to only the last core made everything work. CPU load in Traktor is less than 20%.

Try the following steps:
- Start Traktor (in windowed mode, not in full screen mode)
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Shift-Ctrl-Esc simultaneous
- Select the Processes tab
- Find Traktor.exe *32 (hey that's funny, although installed in the 64-bits Program Files folder it's a 32-bits application)
- Right click on the process and left click Set Affinity from the pop-up menu
- Deselect All Processors and select only the last Processor
- Click OK, close the Task Manager
Otto Harlin
mmullen68, I believe I solved my CPU Load problem. When I checked my Traktor Audio 6 control panel, I saw that my process buffer was at 32 samples.

I remember I left the process buffer at 64 samples in Traktor version 2.1.2. I assume Traktor 2.5 reset my settings and decreased the number to 32. After I set it back to 64, CPU Load decreased to 20-30 percent in idle, peaking to 50% while playing.

By the way, it turns out that I let Traktor back itself up afterall. I found the previous versions in my hard drive!
Kareen Kreft
when i upgraded to 2.5 and installed it gave me a message asking if i wanted to back upo files or some crap , i forget how it was worded but i believe ean did a blog post about this when djtt anounced the release of 2.5, he gave tips on what to do . Anyways, I upgraded to 2.5 , didnt like it, so i went back into my traktor folder (the one that has the documentation file in it also, and my icon for traktor 2.1 was still there so I use that icon. I still have 2.5 on my computer but havent used it since. plenty of space on my hard drive and figured there'd bve bugs so glas as hell I chose that initial option so I could easily roll back to 2.1. If you didnt do that and you cannot find 2.1 still installed on your computer then Im not 100% sure on how to switch it back but i know it can be done. I believe i've see some posts where someone had a link to the file. ill reply with it if i come accros it again or you may be able to find it with a little bit of searching the community s. Pisses me off tho that they would even release 2.5 with even one issue let alone a handful that Ive read about or experienced first hand. you'd believe they would have tested it for an extra week rather than releasing it early . o well, i love 2.1 and have no use for the remix decks right now and im buying an apc40 and use ableton or a midifighter 3d for the remix decks well before id buy an f1. i bet that got under Ni's skin to see ean hack it so quickly, nice job bro, how about not hogging the driver you guys made so i can use my mikro for the remix decks? haha, props.
Otto Harlin
Originally Posted by mmullen68
I have a black macbook , intel core duo, 2.4 ghz 2gb ram(upgrading to 4gb soon) and I ran 2.1 fine, low cpu load. Upgraded to 2.5 and CPU load was RED but only when more than one effect bank is selected, still a big issue. I don't believe its his laptop. No reason 2.5 should be using so much more cpu power. Right before it was released i heard that one of the perks of 2.5 was that it would put less on the cpu load. obviously they didnt get this right yet tho bc ive seen a ton of posts about hi cpu load, even on i5 and 7 processors. i went back to 2.1 and all is fine again. ive tried unchecking the multi core processor option in traktor as well, didnt help tho, seems like the effects are causing the spikes.
How did you go back to 2.1.2?
Kareen Kreft
Jong Krzywda
yup... try to find the best version for you :/
Otto Harlin
Haha ok my bad. Anyways, i still couldn't find a way to decrease the cpu load. I believe i'll downgrade to Traktor 2.1.2
Jong Krzywda
that was humour.
Otto Harlin
Monotrone, I have the specs to run anything on this laptop.
Jong Krzywda
Et voila ! Welcome ! May be you haven't the specs to run traktor. Truely this update has to be banned.
Otto Harlin
I have a brand-new Dell XPS15 with an i7 core. In Traktor 2.1, CPU Load was around 10-20 percent. After the update, it is always around 50, peaking to 90.
Nedra Fresneda
It really depends on your system, not every trackpad driver causes issues. Give it a shot.
Jong Krzywda
How is the cpu - audio meter in 2.5 without trackpad drivers ?
Margurite Mcnamar
I've posted this one a few times before, but most of my problems seemed to be solved by uninstalling my Synaptics track-pad drivers that came on my Asus laptop. Now I'm just using the default windows one.

You could also make sure that USB ports are set to never sleep, and that applications have processor priority.

I haven't installed 2.5 yet but had the same issues you're talking about when moving from Traktor s4 to 2.x
Jong Krzywda
I believe i ll stay with kontrol s4 1.0.1 or maybe traktor 2.0.3. Because commons laptops can handle it. Not 2.5... It's a mac beta test version !
Lashawn Maycock
Interesting discussion, I just installed 2.5 on my desktop just to see how it performed before installing on the XPS15 which is much more powerful. I've noticed a huge rise in load, with '!' flashing away like a good 'un on the S4. Admittedly the desktop PC is an early Athlon dual core 64 3800 and only 2GB RAM, however Traktor Pro 2 (latest) was running absolutely fine. Interestingly I compared the processes running on both the desktop (2.5) and XPS (still at 2), which are both Win7, and noticed TP2 was using approx. 90-100MB RAM whereas TP2.5 was guzzling 450-500MB RAM, quite a considerable difference. I'm not sure what this is down to as I was just mixing A to B, no remix decks or fx at all. It does seem a little poor in terms of NI optimising the software given the stark rise in resource use. Not quite sure what to do as it's early days of 2.5 - hopefully updates might address some of the issues.
Nedra Fresneda
I'd stay with an earlier version until they get around the CPU usage with PCs, 2.0.3 is the best between stability and features.
Jong Krzywda
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...o-2/?page=2050

As you said before : intel core 2 duo 2 ghz. Not 2.4 you mentioned.
As i know hardware stuff, my dual-core cpu @ 2.3 is a bit lower even if i have 2 cores running. But i'm still pretty sure it can run traktor 2.5 if they work on it.
What solution i have ? staying with S4 soft or like 2.1 ?
Nedra Fresneda
I already told you, the minimum requirements went up.
Jong Krzywda
Yup for sure. I saw it. But if someone explain how can my laptop runs traktor S4 software fingers in the noise, and not 2.(etc) ?
Bad drivers ? Bad coding ? magical sudently thing that make my engine goes up to 60% load ?
Leeanna Ayla
Just to clarify it's not technically a CPU load meter it's really measuring the load on your audio engine.
Jong Krzywda
4 go ram with nvidia graphic card but i uninstall it as it does hudge latency spikes. Seriously i made soms tests yesterday.

Traktor kontrol S4 with 2 tracks playing : cpu load : 5 - 6 %. Loading a track while playing : 10 %.

Traktor pro 2.0.1 and 2.0.3 with 2 tracks playing : cpu load : 5 - 10 %. Loading a track while playing : 15%.

Traktor pro 2.1.1 with 2 tracks playing : cpu load : 30 %. Loading a track while playing : 40 %.

Traktor pro 2.5 with 2 tracks playing : cpu load : 40 %. Loading a track while playing : 60 - 80 %.

You can see my little pentium is ok but not with last versions. I believe something goes wrong with the new wave form as it takes too much cpu to appear in decks.
Nedra Fresneda
Intel Pentium Dual Core T4500

The Intel Pentium T4500 (or Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4500) is an entry level dual-core CPU for laptops. Compared to the Core 2 Duo CPUs, the T4500 has only 1 MB Level 2 cache and some power saving technology is deactivated.
Therefore, the power consumption in idle mode should be a bit above similar clocked Core 2 Duo CPUs. Furtheremore, virtualization technology VT-x is also not available for the T4500.
Due to the slow clock rate and the small level 2 cache, the Pentium T4500 will limit the performance of demanding 3D games (e.g. Supreme Commander). For entry level applications like office, SD video cutting, image processing, Internet and casual gaming, the T4500 should be sufficient.

The Pentium T4500 is based on the Intel Penryn core and features 2 integer units, 1 floating point unit, 1 load unit, and 1 store unit in a 14-step pipeline.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-P...r.25727.0.html

They upped the requirements from this with 2.5 (or 2.1, can't remember)

• Windows XP (latest Service Pack, 32 Bit), Windows Vista/Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit)
  • Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 500 MB free disk space required (minimum)
  • DVD drive
Jame Shelling
And whats youre RAM ? And is it a shared memory videocard?
Jong Krzywda
Originally Posted by padi_04
Your CPU can't take it mate, you are below the minimum requirements.
Dual core = 2 cores on one chip.
Core 2 Duo = 2 cores on one chip.

The fact is core 2 duo 2 ghz is more powerfull and faster, ok. Mine is a Dual core, @ 2,300 ghz

Don't you believe a double-core processor, athlon or intel running at least 2,300 ghz can't running Traktor ?

There is something wrong with their app.

I can post a screenshot with my DPC latency under ~30
Sherri Klepzig
Did you set windows process to background? This seems to be a must for 2.5 for me. also try gamebooster. There is options to really disable almost everything.
Even the explorer process with a quick toggle back on.
Nedra Fresneda

Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64 Bit), 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)M

Your CPU can't take it mate, you are below the minimum requirements.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy