Very low bass, lots of mids/highs

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Very low bass, lots of mids/highsReply
Very low bass, lots of mids/highs
Posted on: 14.08.2012 by Krystina Reifsnider
So, ex Serator user who finally moved over to Traktor because I wanted to be able to Customize mappings and make use of the effects section.

I used the vci-300 for the last 3 years and Novation Twitch for the last year before purchasing a Traktor S4.

Plugged in my Powered Speakers (RCF 322a 12") directly to the TRS outputs and noticed the highs were very "High", like piercing high. Checked mixer section, everything at 12 o'clock. Checked settings, everything looks normal. Listened through my Headphones, same thing. Very Odd.

Been using my S4 for about 2 months now and really enjoying the freedom, even played a gig with it directly to my powered speakers and RCF 18" sub. I had to lower the highs and mids and turn up the lows to get it to a suitable level.

My laptop is great (i7 Elitebook 8460p), configured correctly for sound and working well with Traktor and Serato etc

The difference is really noticeable. I may just run Traktor toevening just using my headphone jack on my Laptop bypassing the S4 sound card all-together to see if it makes a difference.

Any ideas? (Please note - I read the other post and not sure if its related as I am using the S4 Soundcard and have decent speakers/setup etc)
Krystina Reifsnider
So, ex Serator user who finally moved over to Traktor because I wanted to be able to Customize mappings and make use of the effects section.

I used the vci-300 for the last 3 years and Novation Twitch for the last year before purchasing a Traktor S4.

Plugged in my Powered Speakers (RCF 322a 12") directly to the TRS outputs and noticed the highs were very "High", like piercing high. Checked mixer section, everything at 12 o'clock. Checked settings, everything looks normal. Listened through my Headphones, same thing. Very Odd.

Been using my S4 for about 2 months now and really enjoying the freedom, even played a gig with it directly to my powered speakers and RCF 18" sub. I had to lower the highs and mids and turn up the lows to get it to a suitable level.

My laptop is great (i7 Elitebook 8460p), configured correctly for sound and working well with Traktor and Serato etc

The difference is really noticeable. I may just run Traktor toevening just using my headphone jack on my Laptop bypassing the S4 sound card all-together to see if it makes a difference.

Any ideas? (Please note - I read the other post and not sure if its related as I am using the S4 Soundcard and have decent speakers/setup etc)
Tobi Rabuse
Recalibrate your S4 maybe?
Teresia Janusch
make sure the filters are off and/or zero'd. also id advise changing the mixer filter type to xone rather than ladder, as ladder imo can be ear piercing

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy