S2 Play Button Problem

S2 Play Button Problem
Posted on: 11.08.2012 by Tobi Rabuse
Just recently, the Play Button of Deck B on my Kontrol S2 has become somewhat broken. It still works, but you have to press down hard on the button for it to work. I can still feel the click when I just press it lightly, but it doesn't send any MIDI Messages until I press it down hard.

Any ideas?
Elizabet Sledz
Originally Posted by VanGogo
Warranty might still be good, but I understand not wanting to ship to Germany. The only other option would be to open it up and see if there is anything amiss that you could fix like a loose screw on the pcb the button is on etc., but that would void any warranty. SmiTTTen did an innofader install in a DJTT blog article awhile back on an S4 that would give you an idea about what is inside the S2. If it is a faulty button the pcb board it is on would probably need to be replaced as a whole. I still believe your best option is to send it to NI.
I live in Australia, and I had a fault RCA jack ont he back of my S2, where it snapped internally. I knew it was fixable, but I didn't want to void my warranty by opening it up just to solder a part back on.

NI were damn good about it. For mine, they figured shipping would be too expensive to ship the product both ways, so as long as I provided photographic evidence of the fault, and a copy of the original purchase receipt. They sent me a brand new one, only asking that I destroy the old one, as that's what they would have done if it had been shipping back to Germany. It was SUPER fast too, my new unit was at my door within a week.

I don't know whether you will be as lucky as I was, but those guys were fantastic. See if you can get the receipt off you're mate for the music store, and you should be fine.
Tobi Rabuse
Warranty might still be good, but I understand not wanting to ship to Germany. The only other option would be to open it up and see if there is anything amiss that you could fix like a loose screw on the pcb the button is on etc., but that would void any warranty. SmiTTTen did an innofader install in a DJTT blog article awhile back on an S4 that would give you an idea about what is inside the S2. If it is a faulty button the pcb board it is on would probably need to be replaced as a whole. I still believe your best option is to send it to NI.
I tried to open it up and I took all of the screw out of the bottom but for some reason the case was still unable to be removed. Might have to YouTube this one.
Tobi Rabuse
Is the S2 still under warranty? If so I would contact NI and get it fixed.
o.O My mate bought the S2 from an Australian Music shop that has a store on eBay and than I traded an old Desktop PC for the S2 so I'm not to sure if I would be able to claim warranty on it. And I don't exactly want to have to send my S2 to Berlin just to get a Play Button fixed.
Tobi Rabuse
Just recently, the Play Button of Deck B on my Kontrol S2 has become somewhat broken. It still works, but you have to press down hard on the button for it to work. I can still feel the click when I just press it lightly, but it doesn't send any MIDI Messages until I press it down hard.

Any ideas?
Elizabet Sledz
I live in Australia, and I had a fault RCA jack ont he back of my S2, where it snapped internally. I knew it was fixable, but I didn't want to void my warranty by opening it up just to solder a part back on.

NI were damn good about it. For mine, they figured shipping would be too expensive to ship the product both ways, so as long as I provided photographic evidence of the fault, and a copy of the original purchase receipt. They sent me a brand new one, only asking that I destroy the old one, as that's what they would have done if it had been shipping back to Germany. It was SUPER fast too, my new unit was at my door within a week.

I don't know whether you will be as lucky as I was, but those guys were fantastic. See if you can get the receipt off you're mate for the music store, and you should be fine.
Charline Dye
Good luck! Check out the innofader install article I mentioned. If I remember right SmiTTTen went through the steps to disassemble.
Tobi Rabuse
I tried to open it up and I took all of the screw out of the bottom but for some reason the case was still unable to be removed. Might have to YouTube this one.
Charline Dye
Sharie Bentancur
Same thing is happening to my #1 hotcue. Sucks.
Tobi Rabuse
o.O My mate bought the S2 from an Australian Music shop that has a store on eBay and than I traded an old Desktop PC for the S2 so I'm not to sure if I would be able to claim warranty on it. And I don't exactly want to have to send my S2 to Berlin just to get a Play Button fixed.
Charline Dye

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy