Deck Volume Drops in Software unwanted, and HIGH Load!

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Deck Volume Drops in Software unwanted, and HIGH Load!Reply
Deck Volume Drops in Software unwanted, and HIGH Load!
Posted on: 09.07.2012 by Vonda Vicki
Hey guys,
I just noticed a little problem with my S4 today and wanted to bring it here first! Today when mixing i would put my Deck B Volume Fader all the way up to 100% on the S4, but as soon as i take my hand off internally on the computer the volume would automatically drop to around 80%. I re-calibrated the faders, restarted traktor and everything. but i still have no fix to this problem . If you have any advice on how to fix this, that would be AMAZING.

Now my second problem is the load readout in Traktor, it says that it is at 100% 24/7 when playing. i use the DJTT optimization bat file, and in the past it was fine. Task manager says i only have 30% CPU used when running traktor. why is traktor reporting it so high?

Running DJTTs Mapping on Acer Aspire 5732Z 4GB RAM 320GB HDD. Traktor 2.5 Scratch Upgrade
Loyce Mekonen
Originally Posted by Delaeasy
bro this happens to me all the time, just try blowing your volume fader its just dust.
This. Has happened to me with a cross fader on my mixtrack and with a fader on my apc 20.

Regarding your second problem, make sure you update your drivers. On the other hand, raise your buffer time, adjust latency (mine is around 18ms with your same settings on an acer aspire 6930 with 4gb RAM). My CPU load is still high and I definitely can't use 4 decks or remix decks.

Ultimately, I decided to buy a new laptop (HP envy 14 beats edition with 8gb ram and what not). Hopefully it'll solve my problems.
Germaine Bernadin
bro this happens to me all the time, just try blowing your volume fader its just dust.
Get some liquid air...
Vonda Vicki
Hey guys,
I just noticed a little problem with my S4 today and wanted to bring it here first! Today when mixing i would put my Deck B Volume Fader all the way up to 100% on the S4, but as soon as i take my hand off internally on the computer the volume would automatically drop to around 80%. I re-calibrated the faders, restarted traktor and everything. but i still have no fix to this problem . If you have any advice on how to fix this, that would be AMAZING.

Now my second problem is the load readout in Traktor, it says that it is at 100% 24/7 when playing. i use the DJTT optimization bat file, and in the past it was fine. Task manager says i only have 30% CPU used when running traktor. why is traktor reporting it so high?

Running DJTTs Mapping on Acer Aspire 5732Z 4GB RAM 320GB HDD. Traktor 2.5 Scratch Upgrade
Christel Milito
hey I had the same issue with the volume in deck A - it would decrease in the software (while full on the S4) to anywhere between 80-50% when i was working with deck B

temporary fix - Besides trying to clean with compressed air, a friend of mine told me that keep the volume fader at around 90-95% greatly reduced the problem (but at time would reoccur)

best advice - this is a known issue with the unit - contact Native Instruments immediately and get their instructions - ultimately you will need to use your warranty - i returned my unit (they pay for the shipping) - I am still waiting (week 3) to get it back - I called them up and they said they have seen a lot of the units returned because of this problem

good luck - very annoying problem
Loyce Mekonen
This. Has happened to me with a cross fader on my mixtrack and with a fader on my apc 20.

Regarding your second problem, make sure you update your drivers. On the other hand, raise your buffer time, adjust latency (mine is around 18ms with your same settings on an acer aspire 6930 with 4gb RAM). My CPU load is still high and I definitely can't use 4 decks or remix decks.

Ultimately, I decided to buy a new laptop (HP envy 14 beats edition with 8gb ram and what not). Hopefully it'll solve my problems.
Germaine Bernadin
Get some liquid air...
Estell Heimiller
Latina Samon
No idea about your first problem but the second is to do with the sound and not the cpu. I had the same issue with the load jumping around in and out of the red. Fixed it simply by fiddling with the latency settings. It was on 5.1ms and is now around 7ms and works fine.
Geri Jarra
Thats strange. I had a problem with the fader moving on its own once, but once I closed/re-opened traktor it worked fine. do you have a warranty?
Vonda Vicki
I've uninstalled and reinstalled traktor, reloaded the maps multipul times, restarted computer as well. i fell like it may be hardware defect because when i move the fader down just a millimeter there is no problem and it stays near the top
Geri Jarra
You tried resetting traktor, reloading the maps and whatnot?

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy