make the Autogain Louder ?

make the Autogain Louder ?
Posted on: 25.08.2012 by Garret Selstad
Hi !
Is there a way to make the volume of the autogain louder. in the manual it says that the autogain puts automatically the music at 0 DB. can i make it louder ?
Garret Selstad
Hi !
Is there a way to make the volume of the autogain louder. in the manual it says that the autogain puts automatically the music at 0 DB. can i make it louder ?
Sparkle Faldyn
as long as you're doing it correctly, matching by ear will give you a better result than using autogain.
Dorcas Bassignani
recently i tried switching off the autogain and just running with -6dB headroom, things are much punchier that way imo
Melinda Wubben
If anything, Traktor's auto gain sets tracks too loud. If you have auto gain on, headroom disabled and master at 0 dB, you WILL get clipping. Do what Padi suggested above.
Sparkle Faldyn
You do know you need to re-load a track after loading it for the first time for it to set the auto-gain, right?
Exception being if you've analyzed them beforehand.
Nedra Fresneda
It lowers the master's output by the set db number, making it harder for you to clip the signal when mixing. The autogain sets it at 0db but keep in mind this is with only one track on air and no fx or eq being applied to it, meaning you will have make room for new elements as they come along.

It's better to have some headroom and compensate it at a later gain stage than outputting a too hot signal and getting digital distortion.
Garret Selstad
Well i read in the manual that the autogain, puts automatically the Sound at 0db. The only thing i change is "Headroom" (its a few line under or on the autogain settings).

By the way,what does exactly the headroom settings ?
Nedra Fresneda
Watch your levels, you don't want the master clipping.
Garret Selstad
Well the thing is, with the default settings (headroom on -6DB) the sound was very low, and the bass was unhearable. But now that i put Headroom at "None", the sound is perfect, and there is still the same autogain
Sparkle Faldyn
You don't want the autogain louder than 0db. Have you ever heard of digital clipping?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_%28audio%29
Garret Selstad
I believe i found the answer: Yes you can, in the heardrooms settings

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy