Traktor Question

Traktor Question
Posted on: 30.08.2012 by Shoshana Kirschling
i used to use Virtual Dj pro 7, and it had a feature where it could anlalyze the key and bpm for every track. Is there a way to do that in Traktor? I know Traktor does not read keys but can all the BPM's be detected without playing the track?

Second, Would mixed in Key be the best option?
Teresia Janusch
Originally Posted by Lilac
I've never really understood the hype about Mixed In Key. You can find out the key with a keyboard if you have one.
so you go through all your tracks and manually find the key? u must have some serious free time on ur hands.
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by ksandvik
I used beatunes and me believes Traktor is far better for BPM detection. I agree about the key detection, I would not trust the current algorithms for that one.
Traktor is better than beatunes for BPM detection, which is why i use beatunes only for key detection (i dont really even mix harmonically). As for Key detection, even though the algorithms may be off or not as accurate as manually doing it, it still accomplishes the sought out goal as long as you use the same algorithms (ie cataloging and used for reference)
Shoshana Kirschling
i used to use Virtual Dj pro 7, and it had a feature where it could anlalyze the key and bpm for every track. Is there a way to do that in Traktor? I know Traktor does not read keys but can all the BPM's be detected without playing the track?

Second, Would mixed in Key be the best option?
Khadijah Bucker
Also virtual dj gets it wrong quite often in my experience
Khadijah Bucker
Ran a thousand tracks through this then randomly selected about a hundred and checked manualy with a keyboard, the app got then all right. http://www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk/keyfinder/
if you go in preferences and choose custom tags and write in the Camelot keys it will use them.
Celine Surico
Either I'm getting old or otherwise senile but I never had a problem mixing tracks in key by pre-cueing and tweaking the pitch if needed. Something I also learned that the more time is spent prep:ing, the less interesting the DJ job becomes, doing a set should be an adventure for both the audience as well as the DJ.
Leeanna Ayla
I use traktor to do my BPM because traktor is the program I use to DJ with. I never understood why you would want to use something other than what you DJ with, especially if you use sync. I like MIK better than anything else I've tried for key detection. Plus it would take me a whole lot longer to find the key for 20 songs with a keyboard than it takes MIK. I also set traktor to import new music and analyze new songs on startup so I never have to manually do it and new music is there ready for me whenever I need it.
Teresia Janusch
Originally Posted by Lilac
I've never really understood the hype about Mixed In Key. You can find out the key with a keyboard if you have one.
so you go through all your tracks and manually find the key? u must have some serious free time on ur hands.
Kasandra Kreindler
Originally Posted by ksandvik
I used beatunes and me believes Traktor is far better for BPM detection. I agree about the key detection, I would not trust the current algorithms for that one.
Traktor is better than beatunes for BPM detection, which is why i use beatunes only for key detection (i dont really even mix harmonically). As for Key detection, even though the algorithms may be off or not as accurate as manually doing it, it still accomplishes the sought out goal as long as you use the same algorithms (ie cataloging and used for reference)
Celine Surico
Ossie Pooley
Kasandra Kreindler
or you can buy beatunes ($25) and it will do the key detection and BPM and whatever else you want, personally i have beatunes i use it only to detect key and 'mood' or 'color' then jump into traktor to have it set gain and detect BPM and beatgrid
Julian Ispas
Traktor only can detect BPM. there 2 ways to analyze a new track, 1) load to deck 2) right click and analyze

so you can buy mixed in key to get your "key" detect (60$)

OR, this is the long way. since you have virtual dj....let it analyze in VDJ then, let traktor analyze it...go into the ID tags...and manual input in the key

mixed in key does all that for you automatically. where traktor sees all the changes in the ID tags.
Wilson Durrum
You can right click the track(s) with your mouse and analyze the track to detect the BPM.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy