Brand new traktor s4, 8 hours old and already not working! Please help!

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Brand new traktor s4, 8 hours old and already not working! Please help!Reply
Brand new traktor s4, 8 hours old and already not working! Please help!
Posted on: 22.08.2012 by Shoshana Kirschling
Hey Guys,
I recently purchased the Traktor s4 after doing extensive research and playing with my friends for quite sometime. Yesterday it came in the mail and and I began setting it up. The first thing I did was install the software(Without the controller plugged in) (Macbook 10.5.8). After the softare had finished installing, I then installed the drivers obtained from native instruments. After the conclusion of both installations I then plugged in the controller to the computer and the master light began flashing. I then powered on the controller and all the lights flash and then suddenly make a click noise and then cut out(Not fade in smoothly like when it was powered on) The controller works but the lights and jogwheels do not respond(The jogwheels will not calibrate, anytime it has been tried it said "Calibration Failed") After the first attempt i uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. I was then informed that a macbook with at least 10.6 was needed, luckily my roomate had his. I repeated the process again on his computer and this time the "1,2,3, and 4 sample buttons the "Fx 1" on deck C, and the "out" loop deck on the right deck are all illuminated and stay illuminated, they would not respond when pressed. We attempted trouble shooting and tried the process over again, this time witht he same results again. I really enjoy this controller but frankly am very disappointed with the performance already, especially with an 1100 dollar pricetag. If anyone can provide me with help or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Pete
Shoshana Kirschling
Originally Posted by protocollie
Glad you got it working, and I really don't mean to come across as incredulous, but that sounds completely wrong and I can't imagine a way in which moving the controller editor application would make the S4 start behaving. I can't even begin to imagine a mechanism.

All the same, glad you got it together. Just... what a stellarly bizarre fix.
No mot at all its completely ok. I just wanted to get it working and to be honest i was confuses out of my mind that it was something that small that caused such a problem. In short i believe it was a combination of he operating sytem on my computer and the installation of the folder. As the NI rep said "the controller was installed and working butthe controller 'brain' was not computing with my computer brain correctly
Laurence Calisto
Originally Posted by TmRBomber
No no it retails for 1100 with everything included. I purchased it froma website called thedjhookup for 879.99 and it came witha free flight case. I resolved the problem, it was a simple programming error. There was a folder called "controller editior" that was installed to my computer but not in teh right location. As soon as the folder was moved back into place, the controller worked perfectly and frankly it's one of the best ones I have ever used second to the pioneer CDJ's.
Glad you got it working, and I really don't mean to come across as incredulous, but that sounds completely wrong and I can't imagine a way in which moving the controller editor application would make the S4 start behaving. I can't even begin to imagine a mechanism.

Shoshana Kirschling
Originally Posted by Kensic
you bought it for $1100?...whats the tax in your area?
No no it retails for 1100 with everything included. I purchased it froma website called thedjhookup for 879.99 and it came witha free flight case. I resolved the problem, it was a simple programming error. There was a folder called "controller editior" that was installed to my computer but not in teh right location. As soon as the folder was moved back into place, the controller worked perfectly and frankly it's one of the best ones I have ever used second to the pioneer CDJ's.
Shoshana Kirschling
Originally Posted by scamo
Hi,

Do you see the S4 selection at the bottom of the Preferences window?

scamo
Yes it is there. But still no lights responding but the buttons work. Jogwheels still do not work or calibrate.

@DjPhantom - I did not know that was the number you were talking about, it is already registered and traktor 2.5 is downloaded.
Shoshana Kirschling
Originally Posted by DJPhantom
did you register the controller to the software? did you buy this brand new?

edit: been a while since I did this.. but if you installed the drivers I believe your forced to register the controller to the software.. so sorry.

I'm really not sure =/ guess with that the default mapping loads up.. do you have the controller plugged into your computer via usb as well as the wall plugin?
It never asked me to register the controller. The unit was bought brand new. The drivers and programs both installed without a serial number. The only number it requested was the number for Trakor 2.5. Both the outlet and usb were both plugged in. Do not stress thank you so much for any advice you offered. I really just want to get it working so i can actually use it.

How do i register the controller to the software?
Shoshana Kirschling
Hey Guys,
I recently purchased the Traktor s4 after doing extensive research and playing with my friends for quite sometime. Yesterday it came in the mail and and I began setting it up. The first thing I did was install the software(Without the controller plugged in) (Macbook 10.5.8). After the softare had finished installing, I then installed the drivers obtained from native instruments. After the conclusion of both installations I then plugged in the controller to the computer and the master light began flashing. I then powered on the controller and all the lights flash and then suddenly make a click noise and then cut out(Not fade in smoothly like when it was powered on) The controller works but the lights and jogwheels do not respond(The jogwheels will not calibrate, anytime it has been tried it said "Calibration Failed") After the first attempt i uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. I was then informed that a macbook with at least 10.6 was needed, luckily my roomate had his. I repeated the process again on his computer and this time the "1,2,3, and 4 sample buttons the "Fx 1" on deck C, and the "out" loop deck on the right deck are all illuminated and stay illuminated, they would not respond when pressed. We attempted trouble shooting and tried the process over again, this time witht he same results again. I really enjoy this controller but frankly am very disappointed with the performance already, especially with an 1100 dollar pricetag. If anyone can provide me with help or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Pete
Shoshana Kirschling
Originally Posted by protocollie

No mot at all its completely ok. I just wanted to get it working and to be honest i was confuses out of my mind that it was something that small that caused such a problem. In short i believe it was a combination of he operating sytem on my computer and the installation of the folder. As the NI rep said "the controller was installed and working butthe controller 'brain' was not computing with my computer brain correctly
Laurence Calisto
Originally Posted by TmRBomber

Shoshana Kirschling
Originally Posted by Kensic
Julian Ispas
Rey Holubar
Yeah, the price seems high and it does sound like you simply have a defective unit. I'd try NI's support line and if that doesn't get you results fairly quickly, ask for a replacement from where you bought it.

scamo
Khadijah Bucker
just sounds like its broke. sned it back and get a new one
Al Naii
Damn man. I'd just call NI on the phone. Also you payed 1100 USD? did you get it off a legit seller? lmao. I purchased mine brand new for $725, originally $795 but I'm a good negotiator

Maybe you got sent a broken one.. beats me.
Shoshana Kirschling
Originally Posted by scamo
Hi,

scamo
Yes it is there. But still no lights responding but the buttons work. Jogwheels still do not work or calibrate.

@DjPhantom - I did not know that was the number you were talking about, it is already registered and traktor 2.5 is downloaded.
Al Naii
Go to the NI Service Center app.. there should be something there about registering your S4. the serial should be on a little card you were given or on the bottom of your S4 controller.
Rey Holubar
Hi,

scamo
Shoshana Kirschling
Originally Posted by DJPhantom

edit: been a while since I did this.. but if you installed the drivers I believe your forced to register the controller to the software.. so sorry.

I'm really not sure =/ guess with that the default mapping loads up.. do you have the controller plugged into your computer via usb as well as the wall plugin?
It never asked me to register the controller. The unit was bought brand new. The drivers and programs both installed without a serial number. The only number it requested was the number for Trakor 2.5. Both the outlet and usb were both plugged in. Do not stress thank you so much for any advice you offered. I really just want to get it working so i can actually use it.

How do i register the controller to the software?
Al Naii

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy