NEED HELP ASAP - Right Jog Wheel - not just callibration

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: NEED HELP ASAP - Right Jog Wheel - not just callibrationReply
NEED HELP ASAP - Right Jog Wheel - not just callibration
Posted on: 01.09.2012 by Josef Leos
Yes I am sure you all will hum and haw when u saw the title! This is a little different. I have searched through both the NI and Djtt community ns for a more difinitive answer..thus far no luck. Ive had the S4 for about a year. I have 3 gigs this weekend and half way thru last evening s gig....jogwheel failed.

WHAT IS WRONG - Jog Wheel will not scroll thru the song in any way shape or form. It will not scratch at all. It is as though it is stuck in one place. I can attempt to scratch and I can hear a faint scratch sound but it does not actaually move the track. I can however still jump through the track with hot cues etc, and the play/loops etc still work. No ability to scroll through song normally or by using shift.

WHAT HAVE I DONE: Ive had this thing for a year...ive done 100+ gigs with it, and i have had the jogwheels require recallibration mid-performance a few times. I have auto-calibrated (default), I have manually callibrated with both the controller manager and within the preferences menu also. I have removed the platter cap and replaced. I have even used a small amount of compressed air to blow out any dust within what I THINK, is the jog wheel sensor. Still not luck. I followed the steps to reinstall the update 2.5.1 to see if it was a software issue. STILL NOTHING!

I am on-site now with the controller going thru some more troubleshooting before my gig starts, luckly I have an S2 for a back up!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! is this thing a dud now?? Thanks in advance!!
Josef Leos
Yes I am sure you all will hum and haw when u saw the title! This is a little different. I have searched through both the NI and Djtt community ns for a more difinitive answer..thus far no luck. Ive had the S4 for about a year. I have 3 gigs this weekend and half way thru last evening s gig....jogwheel failed.

WHAT IS WRONG - Jog Wheel will not scroll thru the song in any way shape or form. It will not scratch at all. It is as though it is stuck in one place. I can attempt to scratch and I can hear a faint scratch sound but it does not actaually move the track. I can however still jump through the track with hot cues etc, and the play/loops etc still work. No ability to scroll through song normally or by using shift.

WHAT HAVE I DONE: Ive had this thing for a year...ive done 100+ gigs with it, and i have had the jogwheels require recallibration mid-performance a few times. I have auto-calibrated (default), I have manually callibrated with both the controller manager and within the preferences menu also. I have removed the platter cap and replaced. I have even used a small amount of compressed air to blow out any dust within what I THINK, is the jog wheel sensor. Still not luck. I followed the steps to reinstall the update 2.5.1 to see if it was a software issue. STILL NOTHING!

I am on-site now with the controller going thru some more troubleshooting before my gig starts, luckly I have an S2 for a back up!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!!! is this thing a dud now?? Thanks in advance!!
Kellie Myrum
If it doesn't send both note and CC massage I would check signal cable first.
Rey Holubar
I'd say the jog wheel is el-broko.

scamo
Josef Leos
Just another quick update. I just realized I had missed a driver update back in April. So i just did this driver update and still no dice. Keep in mind, this happend mid-performance. Out of the blue.

I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE!!! Any thoughts are appreciated!

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy