Kontrol s4 Fader Start

Kontrol s4 Fader Start
Posted on: 12.07.2011 by Jacquelyn Swiatkowski
Hey! I was wondering if anyone knew of a mapping that implements the fader start function (where a deck begins to play from the cue point as soon as you open the crossfader to it) into the kontrol s4.

The NS6 can do this and I believe this would be super awesome as a feature for stuttering vocals or something.

I've read that this isn't possible with the s4 but I wanted to see if anyone can verify this because I would love for this to be possible.

Thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by tguidon
I would love to raise the volume on one of the tracks to start the song similar to some CDJ features.
That could be easy if S4's faders could be mapped as type of controller-button. If anybody else is interested to give it a try on other controllers add in Play/ type-button / Mode-direct / value-1
Jacquelyn Swiatkowski
Originally Posted by Yul
In hid mode, the faders don't send midi and you cant' map faders or knobs as buttons.
So I'm guessing this isn't possible then?

I hope they change/add this in a future update because it's about the only thing the NS6 has on it in my opinion.
Yee Bedilion
Originally Posted by Topps
I use hot cues all the time, I just thought it would be cool to be able to use the crossfader aswell, just has a cool feel.

I can definitely see where your comming from, hopefully someone shares a workaround for it.
Jacquelyn Swiatkowski
Hey! I was wondering if anyone knew of a mapping that implements the fader start function (where a deck begins to play from the cue point as soon as you open the crossfader to it) into the kontrol s4.

The NS6 can do this and I believe this would be super awesome as a feature for stuttering vocals or something.

I've read that this isn't possible with the s4 but I wanted to see if anyone can verify this because I would love for this to be possible.

Thanks!
Kellie Myrum
Originally Posted by tguidon
I would love to raise the volume on one of the tracks to start the song similar to some CDJ features.
That could be easy if S4's faders could be mapped as type of controller-button. If anybody else is interested to give it a try on other controllers add in Play/ type-button / Mode-direct / value-1
Isabella Azad
Isabella Azad
Sorry to bump an old thread, but anyone ever get this?
Jacquelyn Swiatkowski
You will see also why this does not work when using Traktor Kontrol S4 in its native NHL mode.
What does NHL stand for? And does this verify that this isn't possible?
Leeanna Ayla
NHL is Traktor's propriety communication language with the S4. You can put it in midi mode to implement other things, but you'll lose the loop count display and HID jogs.
Jacquelyn Swiatkowski
You will see also why this does not work when using Traktor Kontrol S4 in its native NHL mode.
What does NHL stand for? And does this verify that this isn't possible?
Leeanna Ayla
If you own a Traktor Bible there's a write up about fader start.

http://traktorbible.com/en/t2_implem....aspx#continue
Jacquelyn Swiatkowski
Originally Posted by Yul
In hid mode, the faders don't send midi and you cant' map faders or knobs as buttons.
So I'm guessing this isn't possible then?

I hope they change/add this in a future update because it's about the only thing the NS6 has on it in my opinion.
Kecia Wnukowski
Yee Bedilion
Originally Posted by Topps
I use hot cues all the time, I just thought it would be cool to be able to use the crossfader aswell, just has a cool feel.

I can definitely see where your comming from, hopefully someone shares a workaround for it.
Ok Moroski
Map the fader as a button and set it to "play". Should do the trick I believe.
Jacquelyn Swiatkowski
Yee Bedilion
+1 on the hot cues.

You would need to create a mod of the user mapping, which requires some attention to make it run smooth.

It might actually be hard to because you would probably need a "super fader" that has individual messages sent at bottom of fader, while fader is moving, and again when the fader reaches the top.

Could such things be possible without any external mods but aided with some sort of midi software? maybe bomes?

Maybe its much simpler than this.

I'd say try to take the cue points and emulate the fader start function that you are trying to achieve. Press and hold the cue without play engaged and released as if you were to throw fader down. (Think up faders instead to x)
Daisy Dotseth
I cant see why it wouldn't be possible as the faders send midi. The tricky bit would be that you need a modifier to select it on or off as its not the kind of feature you want on all the time.

IMO hot cues would do a much better job. F

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy