S4 consistant audio stop start

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: S4 consistant audio stop startReply
S4 consistant audio stop start
Posted on: 14.09.2012 by Lizzette Rances
In need of some help. Went to have a play on my s4 today (its been a while) plugged it all in but when i hit play the song stops and start at consistent speed, it will play approximately 1 bar and stop for about 1/4 of a second, over and over again also the audio coming out is unrecognisable its just a scratchy mess.

If I play around with the latency settings I can get better audio quality but the stop/start thing is still there.

Songs play normally in traktor without using s4 so I suspect it is s4 hardware related?

Could it be a usb cable thats gone bad? (dont have another one to test it)

have just done a complete uninstall, reinstall, made no difference.

Installed snuko (mac theft software) the other day, maybe this is making it play up? I cant delete it as I have to log online to do so and my passwords not working for their website! Grr

basically a brand new macbook with no junk on it, traktor load levels are very minimal

does anyone have any ideas?
Lizzette Rances
In need of some help. Went to have a play on my s4 today (its been a while) plugged it all in but when i hit play the song stops and start at consistent speed, it will play approximately 1 bar and stop for about 1/4 of a second, over and over again also the audio coming out is unrecognisable its just a scratchy mess.

If I play around with the latency settings I can get better audio quality but the stop/start thing is still there.

Songs play normally in traktor without using s4 so I suspect it is s4 hardware related?

Could it be a usb cable thats gone bad? (dont have another one to test it)

have just done a complete uninstall, reinstall, made no difference.

Installed snuko (mac theft software) the other day, maybe this is making it play up? I cant delete it as I have to log online to do so and my passwords not working for their website! Grr

basically a brand new macbook with no junk on it, traktor load levels are very minimal

does anyone have any ideas?
Lizzette Rances
FIXED, if anyone comes across the same problem, its because you downloaded mountain lion! Heres some helpful links. You need to download the file labeled 'Traktor Kontrol S4 Driver 2.5.1 Mac - Public Beta' from http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...tor_Kontrol_S4

more info:
http://traktortips.com/2012/07/25/mo...-with-traktor/

Lizzette Rances
Yeah I know but problem is I dont have another a/b one, I tried wiggling all down the wire and connectors while connected but thers no improvement or drop.

I just set it up as a 2 deck + 2 live input setup and at rest with nothing playing at all I get a similar scratchy stop start noise with levels showing up on deck c + D with nothing pluged in! WTF
Celine Surico
It's easy to A/B test with another USB cable....
Lizzette Rances
Its not the latest macbook (not a retina display one) so I dont believe its usb3. Nothing out of the ordinary in activity monitor, traktor uses 18%cpu when paused and 20% when playing. This is so strange.... Do you believe a shoddy usb cable could be the culprit? I had it bunched up for a while but was working fine last time. When I switch the audio device to 'built in' when it plays through the mac speakers it works fine which leads me to believe the s4 sound card has gone dud but very weird because I havent changed anything since last time....
Celine Surico
Open up the Activity Monitor while you run Traktor/S4, is there something eating up CPU cycles, lots of disk or network traffic, VM traffic? Is this a new MacBookPro with USB3, wonder if that's the problem (did NI release new drivers for USB3/Mac yet?)

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy