Performing on the S4 with loops/stems from Future loops and other places.

Home :: NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talk :: Performing on the S4 with loops/stems from Future loops and other places.Reply
Performing on the S4 with loops/stems from Future loops and other places.
Posted on: 13.09.2012 by Bernarda Presti
So I have a TON of stems. Drums, Drum Loops, Bass Loops, chords, melodies, ect. Does anyone know of any good tips or tutorials on how to compose a track on the fly using these loops and stems. I believe it would be mad fun. Maybe looping some drums, then using some Fx to do some dubsteppy sounds?

Any suggestions would be sweet!
Bernarda Presti
So I have a TON of stems. Drums, Drum Loops, Bass Loops, chords, melodies, ect. Does anyone know of any good tips or tutorials on how to compose a track on the fly using these loops and stems. I believe it would be mad fun. Maybe looping some drums, then using some Fx to do some dubsteppy sounds?

Any suggestions would be sweet!
Kellie Myrum
One tip is to create a track with drum one shots and assign it with cues for juggling (quantize off) this goes also for chords, melodies, furts etc... For dubstep effects use Masher, Beatslicer, Transpose, combine it together to find best sounding performance then map those parameters to make instant effects support which is always handy

For this technique turn off Snap mode first, grab a loop right on Hat (will sound nicer) and decrease it all to /32. From there you can manipulate this glitchy sound in various ways like ploop, filtering, F92-o+a bit LOFI for wob, wob, then sweeps and echo... Again, when mapping in all this stuff it gives more tools for your live performance.

<< Back to NI - Native Instruments S4/S2 Controller talkReply

Copyright 2012-2023
DJRANKINGS.ORG n.g.o.
Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan

Created by Ajaxel CMS

Terms & Privacy